Sr Manager, HSSE Mobile Engineering
We are currently seeking an experienced Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) professional for the JLL Mobile Engineering Services (MES) organization. This is a virtual position and the actual location is flexible. The Sr. HSSE Manager position will be a key member of Mobile Engineering Leadership Team and will be responsible for managing the MES HSSE program and providing guidance and HSSE expertise to the MES management team. Occasional travel to various sites for meetings or to support accident investigations will be required (est. 10% to 20% travel).
The Sr. HSSE Manager will be the primary HSSE Subject Matter Expert (SME) and primary point of contact for HSSE matters for the Mobile Engineering organization. Specific duties will include but not be limited to:
• Provide strategic direction and planning for the MES HSSE program
• Establish and manage an HSSE committee for MES
• Regularly communicate with MES management and HSSE team on the status of the MES safety performance including reporting on compliance with JLL HSSE KPIs.
• Manage the implementation of SafeStart training for MES staff
• Manage the implementation of JLL HSSE programs and procedures within the MES organization
• Manage the implementation of HSSE training for MES personnel and regularly report training metrics to MES management. This may include providing webinar or face to face training as required.
• Track and ensure documentation of HSSE incidents
• Support supervisors in investigations of accidents/injuries, conduct Root Cause Analyses and ensure corrective actions are implemented
• Ensure consistent reporting of all accidents, injuries, near misses and good catches from the field
• Regularly review MES injury experience and develop strategies and initiatives to reduce injuries.
• Lead in the continued development of vehicle accident reduction programs including associated training
• Oversee and provide guidance on the Hazard Assessment/Job Safety Analysis process
• Support supervisors with the correction of identified hazards at client locations
• Manage OSHA and EPA regulatory compliance and/or inspection/citation issues
• Support Mobile Engineering Leadership in driving an enhanced culture of safety within the organization
• Other duties to sustain and improve the MES HSSE program as agreed to by MES and HSSE management
• Lead the continued development and improvement of EHS programs within MES
• Degree in safety management, industrial hygiene, or relevant field.
• Relevant professional certifications a plus
• Ideal candidate will have 8 to 10+ years of experience having worked in the facilities management, transportation, service or manufacturing industries.
• Strong working knowledge of Safety, Occupational Health and environmental programs and regulations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A proven record of making presentations and providing effective training
• Ability to effectively and cooperatively interface with peers, colleagues and clients as well as leadership
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, and ability to employ intelligent flexibility
• Knowledge and experience with implementing H&S management systems a plus (ISO 14001, 45001, or similar systems)