In this role, you have the opportunity to
Reporting to the Vice President, Head of Talent, the Senior Manager, HR Operations will provide strong and effective leadership, direction, and expertise in all areas of Human Resources operations, including setting the vision for a highly-innovative and deeply-effective global function. In a fast-growth business environment, HR Operations is an emerging capability within the global HR function and requires a strategic roadmap for expansion along with strong day-to-day management, partnering with the broader HR and IT teams and external vendors. We are seeking an HR professional who can guide the HR operations in lock step with the company's strategic business objectives and the HR function's strategic operating plan.
You are responsible for
- Build out the strategic roadmap to scale the HR Operations function including its process and system footprint to accommodate a fast growing global company.
- Improve the overall employee experience by expanding the current Mercury Employee Resource Center (MERC) and the "Mercury Assistant for Everyone (MAE)" (AI tool) to include a broader set of people practices, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Define the HR Operations core responsibilities relative to the other parts of the HR function partnering with HR leadership, the COEs, and HR business partners to align and deliver on the operations priorities, strategic projects, and needs of the business.
- Develop, lead, and motivate the HR Operations team responsible for:
- Determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties, and troubleshooting issues
- Managing all employee data including the on-boarding process for new staff (includes background verification, drug testing and new hire orientation)
- Auditing of employee information for accuracy, completeness and conformance to policies
- Ensuring high quality HR transactional data management and system functionality
- Researching, recommending and implementing ways to improve HR services processing ensuring the use of efficient and effective solutions (e.g., problem solving tools)
- Partner with IT and ADP support for key projects, including performance management process, open enrollment and annual compensation cycle, as well as critical file feeds to vendor partners and related issue resolution.
- Serve as the system owner for the global HR system portfolio and represent the function with the various HR system vendor partners driving efficiencies including automating manual processes, and identifying market leading technologies that are scalable, drive increased levels of manager and employee self-service, and support our culture of innovation and the employee experience.
- Develop and monitor Service-Level Agreements with internal and external partners that drive accountability in a rapidly changing environment.
- Direct the selection of vendors to support HR Operation that are cost effective and provide best in class support to business needs.
- Direct training and communications with managers to improve their understanding of HR Operations programs and the use of tools to motivate and reward performance.
- Develop and track meaningful HR metrics and data analytics partnering with the Talent Analytics function.
- Serve as the global process owner for HR acquisition integration activities partnering with the HR M&A function.
- Work with outside counsels to understand Federal and State laws, including with respect to data privacy and management, that impact Mercury and training the HR team on such requirements, as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for any internal and external audits regarding HR processes, ensuring compliance to existing audit standards or new audits, as required.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field is required
- Proven ability to applying best-in-class HR operations practices experience gained from 5+ years of related human resources experience with 3+ years in a management role.
- Project management and change management hands-on application and experience required, formal certification preferred.
- Proven ability to collaborate across a geographically-dispersed function and in a global and matrix environment.
- Exceptional project management skills including the ability to influence and manage individuals in a matrix organization without a direct reporting relationship.
- A hands-on professional with strong creative and conceptual skills to connect multiple HR strategies and initiatives.
- A proven track record managing change in a dynamic business environment with a strong sense of urgency to exceed goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality.
- Experience with M&A transactions is a plus, involved at both the due diligence and integration level.
- Able to influence top management in decision making and balance strategy with strong tactical execution.
- Leadership presence with the ability to flex style based on need (e.g., authoritative, coaching, etc.)
- Able to travel approximately 20% time with some peak periods exceeding that amount.