Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Sr. Manager, Hospitality Marketing – Branded & Managed Properties is responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategy to deliver Room Night Occupancy and Lodging Revenue goals for Vail Resorts’ Branded & Managed Hotel Properties located at the base areas of many of our world-class mountain resorts. Working in coordination with Vail Resorts’ centralized marketing teams, and leveraging Vail Resorts’ sophisticated go-to-market approach, this position will create and direct the plans to achieve room night and lodging revenue targets to deliver the results for these specific properties.
Primary responsibilities include communicating the benefits of Vail Resorts’ marketing approach to partners, directing specific marketing actions to achieve individual property goals, and communicating results to various stakeholder groups.The ideal candidate has experience in managing relationships across various stakeholder groups, has experience leading within a complex matrixed environment to drive business results, and is well versed in effective business storytelling, to be able to articulate the drivers of performance and grow the Vail Resorts property management business.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develops and delivers annual strategic marketing plans, key business priorities and initiatives for Vail Resorts managed properties such as Vail Marriott, Hyatt Place Keystone, DoubleTree Breckenridge, DoubleTree Park City, Austria Haus, and Gravity Haus.
- Works cross-functionally with Vail Resorts marketing centers of excellence (Paid Media, CRM, Analytics, etc) to plan, execute and optimize marketing efforts as part of the company’s sophisticated go-to-market approach to achieve lodging room night and revenue goals
- Actively monitors and reports on key performance indicators and business results, identifies key drivers of performance, optimizes tactics where needed, and articulates results to various stakeholders
- Directs various external agencies/partners involved in the execution of the go-to-market approach
- Develops and manages marketing budgets and forecasts with excellence
- Leads team members responsible for creating targeted and personalized content and messaging to deploy against complex guest segments and contact strategies
- The ideal candidate must be a great communicator that is able to give and take positive feedback, as well as effectively collaborate with various stakeholders and prioritize workflows. He/she will have will have their hands in many different types of projects and be responsible for delivering results on-time in a very fast-paced environment. Flexibility and a positive attitude are crucial, as well as the ability to delegate and inspire confidence in stakeholders to deliver upon the growth objectives of the business.
- Four-year college degree required. Emphasis in marketing, business and/or communications preferred
- 6-8 years marketing experience, preferably in travel or hospitality industries; experience working in a multi-location and/or corporate matrixed environment
- Experience in managing relationships across Hotel Ownership groups preferred
- 3+ years direct supervisory experience
- Excellent English language and writing skills
- High level of professionalism, organization and attention to details
- Self-starter, ambitious and multi-tasker
- Confident, collaborative leader who is able to function effectively in a matrixed environment by successfully leading through influence.
- Pursues work with energy and drive.
- Adept at assessing and utilizing business data to identify needs and capitalize on opportunities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude, with the ability to be nimble in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Works independently, takes the initiative and has the desire to achieve.
- Possesses good judgment, and is conscientious and trustworthy.
- Some travel required to different lodging properties.