Leads and manages Health and Benefits client retention teams. The role is responsible for defining and implementing business strategies and initiatives designed to deliver and ensure superior customer service to H&B clients and client employees. Responsible for managing and exceeding key business metrics including client retention, operating margin, and revenue growth.
- Responsible for delivering the H&B value proposition to H&B clients including via centralized account management and remote account management teams.
- Interacts directly with ‘key’ clients to ensure service delivery expectations are being met, assesses the competitive landscape, and adopt service delivery to maximize client retention.
- Participates in defining new and modified business strategies to improve the retention of clients, the generation of incremental revenue, and improved processes to reduce expense.
- Ensures client satisfaction is met through the oversight of key service delivery teams and monitoring key management reports.
- Assists in the establishment of policies and implements all policies and procedures.
- Defines and supports revenue growth through increased attachment of additional lines of insurance coverage, sales partnership initiatives, and the expansion of insurance products available for sale.
- Ensures product and department integrity by maintaining compliance with state, federal and insurance carrier guidelines, as well as standards set forth within the Agency.
- Maintains and fosters external partner relationships, including insurance carriers, general agents, and third party service providers including participating in due diligence exercises and contract negotiations.
- Works with Agency Compliance, carriers and Paychex Legal to ensure Federal/State regulation compliance is achieved and strategic business decisions are implemented.
- Allocates staff resources efficiently to maximize customer service, retention, and operating margins.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key members of senior management within H&B Sales, HR Solutions, MMS, Product Management, Operations, IT and Accounting to ensure optimal service to clients with minimal breakdowns between internal Paychex teams.
- Recruits, selects, hires and evaluates performance of personnel to ensure all department goals are achieved. Responsible for staff development including defining advancement / career development opportunities, training programs and other resources as required for professional advancement.
- Prepares and participates in the development of H&B operating budgets including the definition of retention and revenue generation strategies for the cost center(s) and analyzes interdepartmental reports as they relate to the cost center(s). Achieves all cost center planned objectives through the delivery of superior customer service, revenue generation, and expense controls.
- Associate's Degree.
- 10+ years of experience in Customer service, account management, or benefits consulting.
- 3 years of experience in Management.
- Previous experience managing staff in an account management service model (book of business) and customer service business to business environment.
- Insurance license / experience not required to apply
- Travel 30%