Sr. Manager, Grid Modernization - (207758)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead, direct, organize and control the Advance Grid#CD# / Advance Grid#CD# Electric Vehicle organization to optimize operational technology choices and engineering activities consistently across Exelon by ensuring Advance Grid#CD# / electric vehicle standards are developed, adhering to the engineering and work prioritization/approval process and managing/controlling the scope of work while maintaining a focus on existing industry standards for security, interoperability and constructability. Responsible for business case development and performance measurements for Advance Grid#CD# technology / electric vehicle deployments related to the Operations organization from initial technology selection though implementation to ensure the benefits are initially developed, accurately captured, documented and tracked. Define, develop and ensure implementation of initiatives that improve the business position and effectiveness of the Advance Grid#CD# technology / electric vehicle technology with external customers and regulators across the Exelon service territory. Set direction for change management to obtain significant reduction in cost through installations that use innovative technologies, design standard changes, business model changes, and establishment of new regulatory strategies. Assure the development and effective implementation of strategic Advance Grid#CD# / electric vehicle initiatives through effective communication with Exelon standards, engineering and field organizations. #CD# Assure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. #CD# Develop and maintain an environment that promotes diversity and high productivity.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide central and focused leadership and management of new Advance Grid#CD# / electric vehicle technologies across Exelon by having key interfaces with standards organizations to levelize engineering activities, optimizing asset health awareness. Consistently monitor Advance Grid#CD# / electric vehicle activities to facilitate decision making that bundles technologies to maximize operational decision making while meeting business case deliverables.
- Drives and oversees the development and implementation of short and long term strategic Advance Grid#CD# / electric vehicle initiatives designed to assure the highest levels of customer services and to achieve Exelons safety, reliability and performance goals.
- Develop and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. #CD# Leads management team in promoting diversity. #CD# Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered. #CD# Assure timely recognition of employee contributions and develop technical capabilities in the organization.
- Provide leadership to and development of the management team. #CD# Provide accurate and timely feedback regarding performance and operations. #CD# Conduct performance planning and appraisals. #CD# Identify opportunities for growth and learning.
- Manage the overall budget. #CD# Establish and monitor design processes to meet Operational objectives. #CD# Ensure scope control to contain costs and manage engineering estimates to within + / - 10% of actual project costs.
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with other departments.
- Facilitates open and honest communication with staff. #CD# Assures that upward communication is integrated into the process, including employee concerns and complaints. #CD# Develop methods to assess communication effectiveness and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 10 years of delivery experience, including at least 5 years as a supervisor or manager.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of distribution and transmission engineering practices.
- Proven leadership ability in a high performance culture.
Proven high level management skills in coaching and facilitating business competency.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change and ensure compliance to engineering processes and design procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
Graduate degree or Graduate Level work in Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- Responsible for and directs the development and design of all new Advance Grid; operational technologies / new electric vehicle technologies, including development of business cases, establishing or enhancing standards and monitoring and reporting on Advance Grid; / electric vehicle deployments to executive management.
- Develop, manage and continuously evaluate Advance Grid; / electric vehicle strategy development and implementation, optimizing automatic asset health notification, internal and external resource demands and field device data management usage.
- Provide central and focused leadership and management with ComEd organizations such as Distribution, T & S, Capacity Planning, Training, etc. to develop the Advance Grid; / electric vehicle Strategy
- Develop, enhance and maintain key interface with Work Management to ensure engineering and design activities are focused on optimizing construction output across the delivery company.
- Responsible for providing a centralized evaluation for new Advance Grid; devices / electric vehicles and oversee the development of Advance Grid; / electric vehicle Standards through engagement of the distribution, substation, and transmission standards organizations.
- Define and drive for change to obtain significant reduction in cost through uses of new technology, design standard changes, business model changes, and establishment of new regulatory strategies.
- Prioritize, challenge, and sponsor the execution of all Advance Grid; / electric vehicle operational technologies, establishing performance goals to obtain first quartile performance in cost, reliability and satisfaction.
- Regular contact with senior management, managers, regulators and government officials as necessary to support transmission/distribution Advance Grid; / electric vehicle technologies.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor