Sr. Manager, Global Translation
The NI Marketing team is seeking a skilled leader to serve as Sr. Manager, Global Translation, who will be responsible for leading and coordinating the completion of all marketinglanguage projects for National Instruments.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
- Manage the full life-cycle of multiple in-house and external localization projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish and drive a cohesive set of processes for managing localization planning and execution.
- Lead a team of in-house translators in a global work setting.
- Evaluate translation needs and provide suggestions to drive optimization of services.
- Create and drive a global localization strategy and planning process.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders, contract translators, and editors globally.
- Liaise with staff to clarify project parameters, establish processes, and best practices.
- Coordinate all project phases and efficiently predict the lifespan of all the stages of the project.
- Perform quality checks at various stages of process to ensure quality and accuracy (proofreading, final eye, etc.).
- Communicate project statuses and key metrics for localization.
- Negotiate deadlines and rates with vendors.
- Manage project finances, including budgeting and planning.
- Prepare and maintain uniform project documentation.
- Comply with all relevant and applicable procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5years’ professional experience in translation services in a corporate environment
- Experience in translation and localization project management.
- 5years’ experience as a direct manager of a group
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistic/translation – related major.
- Fluency in languages other than English would be an asset.
- Detail orientation with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Independence in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Power User of Microsoft Technologies (Windows & Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint)