Primary responsibility is to manage and direct the tax accounting and compliance processes for the Company. These duties include responsibility for all related matters surrounding the consolidated US tax provision and the related separate company provisions as well as the utilization of external tax services for the resolution of tax issues and problems. The Tax Manager will also advise management of changes to taxlaws that may impact the business, as well as the tax impact of changes in US corporate structure, locations of business, and impact of proposed or enacted tax legislation.
- Develop and implement all tax policies and procedures with respect to US Federal, state and local corporate tax matters.
- Manage the financialtax provision process for the company (IAS 12) along with its foreign and domestic subsidiaries
- Responsible for the planning and oversight of the corporate Federal, Canadian, and state income tax returns and payments, including the completion of all related analysis and support. - Define, organize responsibilities, and supervise staff of three as they prepare components of the company's U.S. federal income tax return and othertax documents.
- Responsible for sales and use tax functions
- Prepare tax accounting memorandum to support the proper tax accounting treatment for both discrete and recurring transactions.
- Research and work with external tax advisors on complex tax accounting areas.
- Develop and implement a taxreporting package for the company's CFC's (controlled foreign corporations) to satisfy US audit and tax requirements.
- Complete tax research and analysis related to domestic and foreign acquisitions and mergers.
- Review and monitor international transfer price study performed by external consultants and serve as primary internal contact in the preparation of the report.
- Review and document intercompany contracts for potential domestic and international tax issues and ensure adherence to established transfer price practices.
- Review and ensure tax return extensions and estimated payments are timely filed.
- Manage federal and state income taxaudits and maintain documentation for potential future audits
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with the tax team
Skills & Capabilities:
- Manage tax team while fostering a culture of constant improvement and progress; focus on continuous development and mentorship
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations
Min Knowledge & Experiencerequired for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Tax or Finance required.
- MS degree in Taxation or in a related field (MBA/MS in Business Administration/Finance), CPApreferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive responsible professional taxexperience, (with a blend of public accounting and large multinational company experience )
- Ability to develop, modify, and execute company policies that affect tax operations
- Managerial experiencerequired