Primary Job Responsibilities We are looking for a highly analytical and inquisitive individual to deliver top-notch, zero-defect analyses and insights to senior leaders. The ideal candidate has a strong record of working end-to-end with business partners- from strategy to financial impact; can scrutinize and slice the numbers as a self-proclaimed expert in Excel, Essbase, and SQL; and he or she has multiple years of experience in revenue forecasting and business performance analytics.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Develop a deep understanding of PayPal’s economic model with focus on our Mid-Market segment. Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses and communicate key findings to various stakeholders up and down the organization to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual budgets and monthly forecasts with data-driven insights.
- Work closely with and proactively propose to the business unit new opportunities and optimizations with supporting financial models. Support sales and marketing teams to determine impact on the business unit’s P&L.
- 8-10 years progressive experience in financial planning/business analytics role(s)
- World-class analytical skills to help glean and communicate simple to understand insights from complex data sets
- Superior relationship building and organizational influence skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers and business partners
- Solid business acumen, demonstrated by a balance of strong strategic and pragmatic, detail-oriented thinking
- PayPal is in a dynamic, rapidly changing industry. A proven track record at similarly fluid medium/large-size technology, e-commerce or financial institutions would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MBA/Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, SUMIFS, VLOOKUPs, Goal Seek and Macros are a few of your favorite things)
- PREFERRED: Intermediate proficiency in large SQL database manipulation through standard access tools such as Teradata and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with financialbudgeting/reporting tools (Essbase, SAP)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.