Req #: 1801661
Working closely with Celgene`s Early Commercial Global Teams (Global Marketing leaders, clinical research and development, project leadership, and translational) this role will be responsible for translating Business Intelligence (BI) and Market Research (MR) information into insights that inform the global long-term franchise strategies as well as global brand strategies preparing for market entry.
The responsibility of this role covers all critical areas of strategy informing insights on disease and business environment understanding from early pipeline through to market entry & brand growth in close collaboration with the Global Commercial Lead.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Development of strategy informing insights:
Based on a solid disease and business environment understanding build a strong business partnership with the relevant Global Teams. In close collaboration with the Global Commercial Lead:
- Deliver insights that inform global market entry scenario planning, global brand growth initiatives and the development of global brand lifecycle strategies.
- Based on identified strategic questions continuously monitor the competitive environment and emerging scientific data to identify market events with potential impact on our franchise and brand strategies.
Collaborate with critical functions:
- Ensure close collaboration with other global and regional functions (and partner companies) to integrate critical information into validated assumptions for global strategy building and forecasting:
- In collaboration with Business Planning and Analysis (BP&A) integrate insights to develop informed assumptions for franchise and brand forecasting.
- In collaboration with Market Access and BP&A develop commercial opportunity assessments by providing input into financial models and pricing scenarios.
- In collaboration with Global Marketing and Market Insights collect intelligence and translate into insight reports at key congresses
- Collaboration with other functions (ie: Knowledge Services, Medical Information, Investor Relations, Public Relations, etc) to leverage secondary information and integrate disparate data into valuable insights
Drive Business Intelligence and Market Research projects:
- Define MR and BI projects and methodologies to answer the defined key strategic questions and create, monitor and execute agreed Market Insights plan for the respective franchise and brands.
- Translate results into clear, concise and compelling implications for the team. Present, as needed, to various levels within the organization.
- Manage chosen agencies to execute defined activities in a timely manner
- Align Global Market Insights plans with regional and local colleagues as needed
- Ensure existing data in-house is made available and fully leveraged to answer strategic questions
- Utilize unique methodologies as appropriate
- Conduct all projects within budget assigned, in a timely fashion, making tradeoffs as necessary
Skills/Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BS/BA required; PHD or MBA or advanced degree preferred. 5 - 7 years MR, BI, and/or consulting experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry required.
- Experience in oncology or hematology strongly preferred.
- Solid business understanding of pharmaceutical drug commercialization pathways
- Solid knowledge of BI methodologies, techniques and tools preferred
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues in various geographies, roles, hierarchic levels etc
- Experience in delivering concise, clear presentations to a variety of internal colleagues
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Proven ability to drive business decisions as the Market Insight representative of a core team
- Demonstrate and live Celgene Values through passion for the patient, courage to face our challenges and the unknown, trust in our words and our actions and excellence in delivering exceptional results