We are looking to hire for our team! We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Global Data Center Operations with strong organizational, technical, process and people management skills along with a good technical understanding of operations and the complexities of data center management, vendor management, and infrastructure services. This role is responsible for day-to-day operations of a massive, global, data center footprint across private data centers and co-location facilities. This individual will manage and lead a global team responsible to define, track, and manage major operations and multi-functional projects. The candidate should act as a role model, an agent of change, mentor, and coach to others both within and outside the team. This individual will provide oversight for data center design and operations and ensure that data center infrastructure is managed and aligned with the strategic architectural roadmap. This individual will help define, track, and manage the installation and lifecycle of infrastructure needs for Adobe’s Digital Experience business.
- Manage and oversee the activities of a global team of Data Center Operations personnel. Key areas include large scale facilities in Oregon, UK, and Singapore as well as edge locations around the globe (Virginia, Amsterdam, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney).
- Manage a technical Site Operations team responsible to implement, expand, manage, and monitor critical power load, HVAC, fire suppression systems, generators, and all critical systems to ensure continuous uptime and stability.
- Responsible for overall data center facilities coordination, disaster recovery, and data center infrastructure architecture design.
- Responsible for the overall health of infrastructure capacity to deliver the Adobe Experience Cloud services from the data center, and for ensuring operational delivery through collaboration and partnership with Engineering and Finance organizations.
- Establish and drive the 3-5 year global data center roadmap.
- Ensure that data center capacity in all locations is managed to tighten tolerances; e.g., ensure that power and space are utilized to maximum effectiveness and efficiency while maintaining room for growth.
- Manage co-location contracts to ensure optimal value, service, and uptime is delivered to Adobe. Includes participation in the negotiation of terms, rates, service levels, penalties, etc.
- Oversee the day to day management of all data center operations, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze data center operations process and procedure, identifying weaknesses or deficiencies, and implement improvements.
- Develop, manage, and effectively maintain strategic supplier relationships and improve vendor performance.
- Track and resolve operational problems to support a diverse mix of products running on the heterogeneous infrastructure.
- Devise new techniques and processes to improve the operating environment.
- Contribute and communicate at a senior level in the organization, thinking strategically to positively affect and influence multi-functional groups.
- Manage vendors conducting work within data center space (e.g. electricians, cabling, security).
- As necessary, employ electricians and physical facilities personnel to support data center facilities.
- Experience leading large-scale data centers that run global enterprise SaaS solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in operating, designing, managing, and staffing enterprise data centers across multiple international locations.
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing global and cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of enterprise-class network, server, and storage equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with data center HVAC and cooling (CRACs, chilled water, etc.), UPS and electrical, fire suppression, structured cable plants, etc.
- Experience leading/managing complex projects in close collaboration with business partners.
- Experience with project management concepts, related processes, principles, and their application utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must have excellent documentation skills and must be proficient with standard desktop software such as the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to directly collaborate ("speak the language") when working with building/facilities engineers and prospective vendors on a technical level and act as a bridge between facilities management and engineering.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels both in written form and orally.
- Proven successful experience driving large-scale projects across different organizations.
Special Consideration Given For:
- Experience with Cisco, HP, Dell, Hitachi, Pure Storage, and Isilon equipment.
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) engineering experience.
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) models.
- Knowledge of Liebert, Data Aire, MGE, ASCO, HO Penn, and TRANE electrical and mechanical components.
- Specific training in supervision, electrical, mechanical, fire protection, and building management.
- Strong Information Technology background to include virtualization and cloud computing.