At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Sr. Manager, Forensic Investigator
Roger's is seeking for a Sr. Manager, Forensic Investigator to join our Cyber Protection Center. Reporting to the Director, Cyber Protection Centre (CPC) at the Rogers Park Brampton campus.
The Sr. Manager, Forensic Investigator will be leading and building a team of digital forensic specialists responsible for the development and maturity of the forensic and investigations program. The forensic investigator and specialists will perform a variety of highly technical analyses and procedures dealing with the collection, processing, preservation, and presentation of computer-related evidence. In addition, examine malicious code (malware), attack vectors, and network communication methods, as well as analyze against target systems and networks. They also determine target network capabilities and vulnerabilities; support development and maintenance of new tools and techniques to exploit specific targets; and produce technical, after-action reports in support of the SOC.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Conducting forensic analysis of systems and ensuring root cause and resolution for metrics, tracking and lessons learned are compiled, documented, and disseminated.
- Using forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including internet use history, processing documents, images, and other files.
- Disseminating and reporting cyber-related activities, conducting vulnerability analyses, conducting risk management of computer systems, and recovering information from computers and data storage devices.
- Analyzing and reviewing escalated cases until closure. This includes investigating and recommending appropriate corrective actions for data security incidents, which includes communicating with the implementation staff.
- Performing post-mortem analysis on logs, traffic flows, and other activities to identify malicious activity.
- Researching, developing, and keeping abreast of testing tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security event detection and incident response.
- Reverse engineering and analyzing binaries, files, and other malicious attack artifacts
- Establishing, maintaining, and ensuring complete chain of custody of forensic evidence.
- Recovering and examining data from computers and other electronic storage devices in order to use the data as evidence in criminal prosecutions.
- Detailing how the computer evidence was determined and all of the steps taken during the retrieval process.
- Giving testimony in court regarding the evidence the analyst collected. The analyst keeps current on new methodologies and forensic technology and trains law enforcement officers on proper procedure with regard to computer evidence.
- Contributing to the design and development of innovative research projects, as well as attending and participating in professional conferences to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems and cyber security.
- Being proficient in the latest forensic response and reverse engineering skills, along with astute interest in the latest exploit methodologies.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of related experience in cybersecurity or computer network defense
- Demonstrated relevant experience as a key member of a threat intel, incident response, malware analysis, or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows system internals.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and APIs
- Understanding of payment card processing, related fraud and carding techniques
- Scripting, CEH, SANS, Snort, RegEx and PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) experience is desirable.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 151140
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work.