The Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will report to the Senior Director of FP&A. In this role, this person will lead a group that will be responsible for the forecasting, budgeting and analysis of the Energy Transfer's Interstate FERC regulated natural gas transportation business. This segment achieves nearly $2 billion in gross margin annually. This candidate will need the ability to operate in a fast paced, collaborative environment and will work closely with our Accounting, Operations, and Regulatory groups. This candidate must have a broad base of knowledge in the midstream oil and gas industry, preferably with experience in, or significant knowledge of, the FERC regulated natural gas transportation industry. This candidate must be proficient in leading group discussions and presenting financial results. This position will lead a group that will be responsible for the following for our Interstate Gas Transportation segment:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the annual budget. Position will be required to supervise this process from start to finish and work with the Senior Director of FP&A in the presentation of this budget to senior leadership.
- Prepare and update the long-term forecast periodically throughout the year.
- Prepare and report monthly results. This reporting package will be presented to financial and commercial leadership monthly. Preparation of this report will require updating the annual forecast on a monthly basis. Performance of this function will require this position to maintain a close productive relationship with accounting, commercial, and operational groups within the Interstate segment.
- Prepare budgets and forecast information for joint venture partners, and work with the Senior Director of FP&A in presenting budgets, forecasts and quarterly analysis to joint venture board members.
- Establish and maintain functional relationships with accounting and finance points of contact at our joint venture partners.
- Preparation of Management Discussion and Analysis for inclusion in our 10Q and 10K filings.
- Preparation of quarterly analysis reporting package that will be presented to financial, commercial and operational leadership in preparation for our quarterly earnings call.
- Support the Senior Director of FP&A in responding to requests from external analysts.
- Support our Corporate FP&A group in the preparation of presentations to investors and ratings agencies by providing actual and forecasted financial information.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- 10 years of progressive experience in finance/accounting related function, preferably with at least 8 years of oil and gas related experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Knowledge of the midstream oil and gas industry, FERC experience is a strong plus
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and function independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment