Senior Manager – Financial Accounting/FP&A
About ANN INC.:
At ANN INC., WE GET WOMEN. Real women live ever more complicated lives. They juggle more activities, play more roles and carry more expectations. But what women value is what they have always valued: connecting with others, making smart choices, looking and feeling great. Living life fully means women choose to play all their roles with confidence and style.
That is why we’re here.
For more than half a century, we have evolved with the needs of real women who live full, active lives. Our values are her values. We get that a woman expresses herself through what she wears – at work, at home and at play. To meet her needs, we design pieces for her life and her changing roles to help her look and feel confident and beautiful. We create rich experiences that connect with her wherever she is, inspire her style and simplify her choices.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Financial Accounting will be a key liaison between the New York FP&A / Brand finance teams and the onshore/offshore accounting teams, providing a combination of analytical, audit management, process improvement and key financial controls support, in addition to ad-hoc analyses as required by the CFO and VP of Finance.
- Manage all aspects of the accounting monthly close process from a segment finance and control perspective, working closely with the onshore and offshore accounting teams at Ann Inc. and Ascena.
- Responsible for explanations of all material P&L variances for sales, gross margin and SG&A, and working with corporate cross-functional expense owners to ensure all accruals have been correctly identified
- Own monthly and quarterly results reporting and presentations for key constituents – Internal Audit, External Audit, Ascena Controllership and CFO. Provide assistance for 10K and 10Q reporting as needed
- Maintain controls documentation, and develop processes to ensure all reported results are consistent across the various financial systems and tools (i.e. COGNOS, HFM, SAP etc.) and best practices are being followed
- Own the audit management process for key variance testing and explanation
- Assist the FP&A team with forecasting activities, including Budgets, Long Range Plans, monthly re-projections etc.
- Manage and enhance reporting across the finance team, including monthly P&Ls, translation from ANN to Ascena chart of accounts, etc.
- Manage enterprise financial systems and processes, as needed
- Provide ad-hoc analyses for the CFO and the VP of FP&A as needed
- BS in Accounting, required
- Retail Industry experience preferred
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP
- 6-7 years of general accounting experience
- 3-5 years of FP&A or related forecasting experience
- Analytical thinker – ability to visualize objectives and evaluate alternative approaches
- Demonstrated experience in implementing process improvement to business planning, forecasting and management reporting activities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is a must – Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Essbase, Oracle financial systems and SAP is highly desirable
- Experience leading, building and driving cross functional teams and partnerships