When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $21 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we're uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.Position Summary:
An opportunity exists for an ambitious professional to be a financial leader within the Transplant Diagnostics division, which is a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position offers the right candidate an influential seat at the table of a growing and dynamic division and provides a substantial opportunity for career development and growth.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Pro-actively analyze financial data trends, making and driving process improvements with the finance leadership team; and present significant business issues to senior management and propose actions.
- Provide analytical and pro-active business assessment information to make sound business decisions (e.g. product line profitability, investment trade-offs). Improve on tools utilized by management to run business.
- Responsible to provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting to the divisional leadership and other stakeholders as requested and as required to ensure key business issues are communicated and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Identify, communicate, and recommend/implement corrective actions
- Business case preparation and financial analysis/justifications of investment projects and customer contract proposals for larger/more strategic Group projects as assigned. Includes financial modeling to ensure appropriate resource allocation and return on investment.
- Analyze the global financial information of the Division and assist in the evaluation of alternatives to drive growth
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of the annual strategic plan, annual budget, monthly forecasts, and monthly results analyses
- Budget owner for TDX costs and variance analyses
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization in reporting within the Division. Understand key divisional operating metrics (price realization, volume performance, SMG&A spending, cost of quality, etc.) and measure performance to the established metrics.
- Establish effective working relationships with divisional finance leaders and FP&A teams, site controllers, and Business leaders.
- Be the bridge between TDX division, SDG and Corporate ensuring timely and accurate submissions from the divisions as well as resolve reporting issues identified.
- Drive creation and assist in delivery of executive presentations
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required
- The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative environment. He/she has excellent, open, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
- Possess strong leadership skills and exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with high bias for action
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization - at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrix reporting structure
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4Is.
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex, global business environment.
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting is required; an MBA is strongly desired. An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials, a strong aptitude in financial analysis, as well as a technical foundation in accounting.
- The successful candidate will be a well-rounded finance professional with a process-driven focus. He/she should have a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible business experience. Experience in a multi-site, global manufacturing organization is desired.
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), Powerpoint, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is required.
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy
- The successful candidate should expect travel of up to 25%.