Sr Manager Finance-BSC - (207835)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow.
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon’s family of companies. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provides oversight and engagement with BSC practice area leadership in support of financial and business planning. Manages the activities of BSC Finance practice area analysts, including financial and business planning, operational reporting, forecasting, O&M budgeting, financial and cost analysis, financial performance management reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Engages with BSC practice area leadership and supervises BSC analysts to develop the monthly forecast, annual budget & long-range financial plan, including the allocation of resources.
- Directly supports BSC practice area leadership with financial and analytical expertise to help drive the achievement of business goals and strategic objectives.
- Manages the implementation of financial processes and procedures within practice areas.
- Manages the monthly reporting and analysis of O&M spending, including the consolidation of risks and opportunities with latest estimates.
- Implements effective cost management programs within respective practice areas in accordance with BSC’s Cost Management Framework.
- Manage the functions of BSC financial analysts and assure development and supervision of staff to promote continued career growth and alignment of goals.
- 4-yeardegree in a business related field and minimum of 10 or more years of experience. Demonstrated success in finance or business operations.
- Effective financial analysis skills combined with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to accounting principles, financial metrics, and financial statement relationships.
- Working knowledge of Business Operations
- Thorough computer-base analytical skills (Microsoft Office)
- Three or more years of managerial experience
- MBA/CPA or other certifications (CMA)
- Expertise in PeopleSoft and financial systems
Position reports to Director, BSC Finance