Equinix is the leading global provider of network and cloud service provider neutral data centers. It goes to market in five key verticals: enterprise, financial services, content & digital media, cloud & IT service providers and network services providers.
There is a substantial opportunity to grow the business within and beyond the areas where Equinix’s ecosystem strengths exist including further expansion deeper into Financial Services (including retail banking, insurance and wealth management), HealthCare & Pharma, Energy & Utilities, Transportation & Logistics, Manufacturing, Business & Professional Services and Retail/Distribution industries.
To execute on this opportunity, Equinix seeks a highly energized sales and client facing subject matter expert who can lead field development efforts in this area of growth and expansion. The role will partner with sales and interface closely internal constituents such as market development, solution architects, sales engineers, field marketing.
The overall success of the role will be determined by the uptake Equinix experiences within the sub-verticals by an increase in new deployments or uplift with existing deployments driven by candidate’s efforts.
In order to be successful in this role, you must possess superior communication skills and experience, a technical and creative solutions background, excellent project management and presentation skills, and a strong knowledge of enterprise networks.
You will need to be comfortable understanding client’s pain points and latest network, architectural, and application designs within particular sub-segments. Candidate must possess a drive and a curiosity to automate and affect change within companies and industries by understanding latest network and technical trends including Digital, Cloud, IoT, mobile, and omni-channel development.
- Develop detailed account strategy plans (ASPs) for “STAR” and “key” accounts.
- Document client business requirements and coach sales on how to position to help solve with Equinix.
- Actively coach sales on applying messaging and positioning to specific sales opportunities.
- Support quarterly earnings script development in terms of key wins and vertical/industry trends.
- Team with sales on customer presentations.
- Continuous field feedback to market development team on what is working and not working in the field with customers and sales.
- Support sales on RFPs and key proposals.
- Understand global trends that may affect the uptake of any key client solution.
- Assist in analyzing, developing and documenting the Equinix value proposition for key participants in order to drive Equinix interconnection and ecosystem growth in key sub-verticals.
- This position requires strong technical and network architect knowledge and experience.
- Chosen candidate MUST have experience with developing and delivering client solutions and be versed with necessary tools associated with providing these solutions.
- Bachelors or Master Degree or equivalent plus significant relevant experience.
- Deep enterprise IT expertise across applications, workloads, infrastructure and datacenter.
- 15+ years of working experience in network, data center and virtualization related technologies.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills supporting c-level to individual contributor personas.
- Knowledge of security and enterprise architecture.
- Experience and knowledge of carriers and extranet providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Proven track record of successful project and product implementation.
- Strong understanding of latest networking technologies.
- Demonstrated experience being a collaborative team-player.
- Customer focused with a proven track record of working with customers & building momentum.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of salesforce.com.
- Ability to travel 25-35% or more in the continental US a must