$150K — $200K *
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Field Application Engineering (FAE) teams scout the field (traditional and new customers) seeking new or unique product applications with a specific systems view.
The Sr. Manager Field Application Engineering main goal will be giving proactive support to the sales and product organization with the technical product portfolio and application know how, link the global FAE information’s to a global application roadmap.
Under this individual’s leadership the FAE team will work intimately with customers to recommend products and solutions for new and existing applications. They identify new applications, requirement modifications and enhancements to meet customer specifications. This team is responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle for potential application of company products to meet customer needs, including identifying opportunities, determining solutions, creating demand, preparing detailed product specifications and technical marketing support, ensuring high quality and timely project execution and conducting follow-up technical support. This role reports to the Automotive Americas CTO.
What you will be doing:
Strategic Technical Focus
- Lead a team of technical subject matter experts to look beyond components for a systems solutions view.
- Provide a cross-customer and cross-product line perspective in seeking product applications
- Dig deep for applications to lead to business development opportunities and technical development
- Seek unique/critical/strategic applications for our products to solve customer gaps
- Analysis of customer requirements and leader of customer dialogs for interpretation and achievement of best technical solution
- Develop new ideas and constructively challenge existing ones, for the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, and sustain competitive advantage
- Translate the customer's strategy and technology roadmap, the competition, and trends and apply this knowledge to bring TE solutions.
- Influence solutions and RFQ. Technical linkage between customer location and remote TE sites
- Attend industry conferences and scout technologies and applications to stay current.
- Drive collaboration across functions/BU/regions with Product Managers, Project Management Engineering, and Sales to bring a systems view to our applications.
- Drive FTAM (Future Total Available Market) or adjacent business opportunities and strategic planning
- Build, lead, and develop a team of field application engineers
- Lead by example to be active in the field to engage and solution with customers, and industry trend leaders.
- Foster creativity in finding new product applications
- Develop a high performing team capable of cross-functional/BU/regional collaboration and systems innovation.
- Demonstrate FAE value effort and contribution to the business growth and customer preference.
- Develop and track metrics for business development, innovation, and system solutions for product families.
- Hold team accountable to demonstrating TE core values and SET (Strategy/Execution/Talent) to drive performance, succession, and talent development.
Meet targets on the following KPI’s:
- Gross (or standard) Margin $ and %
- New product applications found
- Customer engagements
- Translation to Engineering TERP
- Build out of technology and product roadmap
- LEEP projects added
- Bringing business development opportunities
- Development of talent – succession readiness
What your background should look like:
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
- 10+ years of engineering or product management experience
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- Experience managing direct reports
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Managing and Measuring Work
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
Building Effective Teams
Valid through: 2/22/2021
$80K — $100K
5 days ago