An exciting opportunity to join a high-performance Human Resources / Global Compensation team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Compensation, the Sr Mgr, Equity Programs will provide operational leadership for our global equity compensation programs.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2020 and #2 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2020. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #9 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
- Lead the management, integration, and administration of the company’s global equity compensation programs including both Stock Options and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for all levels of employees.
- Manage the ongoing and cyclical stock administration processes including, but not limited to, new grants, stock option exercises, RSUs vesting, and terminations and forfeitures.
- Manage all regular and adhoc stock reporting including the company’s cap table. Prepare Board and Committee materials regarding equity grants and related exhibits.
- Lead and manage the employee liquidity programs and tender offer events.
- Collaborate and closely partner with key cross-functional stakeholders in HR, Legal, Accounting, Tax, Treasury and local and international Payroll to ensure accurate and timely end-to-end equity program management and administration.
- Enhance the equity compensation administration function, including improvements in process and optimizing the equity administration system for scalability.
- Manage the relationship with our equity systems vendor and work closely to ensure the system and services provided support the best possible employee experience.
- Improve the employee understanding of equity awards programs and their value through a comprehensive communication and education program partnering with our communications and training teams.
- Support the planning and execution of other global compensation projects and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of progressive experience in compensation / equity administration reflecting increasing levels of responsibility and subject matter expertise, including at least 2 years of people management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of equity / stock compensation plans in a multinational private or public company. High technology industry experience preferred.
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation.
- Experience with major equity administration platforms, and ideally Global Shares.
- CEP (Certified Equity Professional) designation preferred
- Capable of influencing and developing strong cross-functional working relationships with groups such as finance, legal, payroll, as well as external partners.
- Strong project management and planning skills including the ability to lead, plan, organize and resource complex programs understanding intersection points and dependencies.
- High attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the demonstrated ability to dissect and identify core questions/issues and then apply creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and inspire a team to achieve results.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and ability to effect change and continuous improvement through process, technology optimization and automation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in simple terms to various audiences.