· The Senior Manager provides management, leadership and oversight for the development of a robust and agile governance, operational excellence and delivery assurance within the ePMO.
· Establish the ePMO service delivery and operating models from project identification and prioritization to project implementation and value realization.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Develop, implement and continuously improve the structure, processes and policies to govern the ePMO portfolio of projects.
· Facilitate QBRs/PMRs to review project/program progress, obtain strategic guidance and ensure alignment within the portfolio as well as integration with organizational strategic objectives.
o Partner with stakeholders to ensure optimal preparations for review sessions and effective implementation of key governance decisions
· Proactively identify, manage, and escalate risks across projects, work streams and programs.
· Build and sustain relationships with senior leadership and ePMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted expert.
· Develop, train, and implement the operating, communication, tools and change management frameworks.
o Operating: Design the standardized methodologies, processes, KPIs and controls for managing projects and programs.
o Communication: Create communication strategy, approach and plan; including, but not limited to content guidelines and delivery cadence.
o Tools: Establish tools and templates necessary to successfully execute current projects and support ongoing operations.
o Change Management: Define approach for managing change across the enterprise in coordination with the delivery of technology projects.
· Lead resource management and administer processes to manage work assignments, resource utilization and resource forecasting.
· Own and drive complex internal projects, programs and multi-disciplinary teams
· Oversee project managers’ delivery quality by conducting “deep dives” of projects and programs to ensure timely execution within scope and on budget.
· Establish culture that nurtures project management resources and shares relevant knowledge of best practices.
Program Value Realization
· Own pre and post-deployment value realization methodology and process to drive efficiency and consistency across projects and programs.
· Establish framework that enables the acceleration of value realization and transformation sustainment.
· Establish a transformational culture that understands and supports a “value realization” mindset
- Strong knowledge of Agile and SDLC methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites of products, (i.e. Visio, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Project Management training and/or project lead experience of 3+years
- Process Improvement training
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of project planning tools (MS Project, Jira, Version One, etc.)
- Familiarity with Portfolio / Program Management or Technology Business Management Software (Apptio, ServiceNow, HP)
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in business or technology or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus.
· 10+ years program/project leadership, experience.
· Strong leadership skills delivering all aspects of project and program management, including enterprise large portfolios with high complexity and risk.
· Exceptional communication, negotiation, conflict management, change management, problem-solving, influencing and decision-making skills.
· Experience building PMO structures and operations.
· A passion for program management
· A proven track record of developing business value
· Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
· Expert knowledge of stakeholder management, risk management and organizational change management.
· Proven process development or refinement experience
· Ability to lead program development and refinement in an evolving, fast paced, global environment.
· Drives a culture of process discipline and rigor
· Proven track record of quickly earning trust, inspiring teams, developing resources, setting direction, and delivering results.
· Comfortable partnering across the organization to align program and projects to the larger organizational objectives.
· Ability to work effectively in a global environment with remote teams.
· Exemplary core program and project management skills.
· Experience delivering capabilities or products required
· Advanced MS Office skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Experience with multiple workstreams and leading teams
- Large enterprise project experience ranging from $1million+
- Preferred: Experience in developing executive leadership presentations and talking points
- Preferred: Consulting or manufacturing experience
- Preferred: Demonstrated success of implementing strategy
- Preferred: Detailed oriented and ability to close on open items quickly