The Senior Environmental Compliance Manager conducts formal and systematic reviews of the facility to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations for environmental affairs.
This role will be responsible for a Part B permitted facility in Newark CA and an oil re-refinery in Fallon NV.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Applies for original permits and maintains a schedule for renewals, reporting and provisions of all required environmentally related permits.
- Identifies problems and recommends corrections; priorities and conducts follow-ups on corrections regarding areas of non-compliance or potential non-compliance.
- Advises corporate and facility management regarding procedural and operational measures to be taken to correct or minimize non-compliant activities with regard to environmental regulations.
- Prepares and maintains the required environmentally related plans and procedures for the facility.
- Prepares reports and documents as required by regulatory agencies and corporate and facility management.
- Serves as liaison between facilities and outside contractors, and regulatory personnel on all environmentally related activities. Coordinates and accompanies regulatory personnel during all facility inspections. Coordinate environmental audits of each facility by customers.
- Acts as an alternate Emergency Coordinator by responding to significant accidents, incidents, and complaints. Prepares and submits all required notifications/reports in a timely manner in the event of the implementation of the Contingency Plan.
- Attends workshops, seminars, training courses and professional development programs and monitors regulatory changes for the purpose of insuring compliance with upcoming changes in federal, state and local rules and regulations
- Provides responses to compliance, sales, field personnel and customers concerning federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Performs audits of internal and external facilities to ensure effectiveness of compliance programs.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Manages the electronic inspection system for the facility.
- BS/BA required
- BS/BA in Environmental Science or Engineering preferred
- 5+ Years of compliance experience
- Knowledge of and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) laws/regulations and Department of Transportation (DOT) (required)
- RCRA, Title 22CCR hazardous waste management standards required
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Requires color determination
- Requires standing, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching, speaking, listening, tasting or smelling
- Requires sitting, climbing, walking, lifting, grasping, crawling, near vision acuity.