Sr Manager Engineering & Technology
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Job Description Summary:
The incumbent is responsible to manage a team of system programmers, systems engineers and/or operations and administrative personnel responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of a complex systems environment comprised of various hardware, software and integrated systems. Provide direction on the sue and implementation of information technologies to meet business needs. Assists all company management personnel on IS/IT planning and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and manage budget for one or more departmental functional areas. Responsible for both capital planning and operating budget management.
- Responsible for team direction, goals, objectives and management. Manage personnel to the successful accomplishment of team, department, and company goals and objectives.
- Develop department objectives, goals and projects to meet business needs and objectives. Works closely with business units, internal and external customers to understand business requirements. Ensure productive collaborative cross departmental communication and coordination of activities.
- Evaluate and monitor projects to make sure they are completed timely and accurately. Ensure that department objectives are being met. Manage strategic and tactical project planning, priorities and deadlines.
- Perform periodic performance evaluations and administer pay raises for assigned personnel, while creating personal goals and objectives for each individual.
- Responsible for hardware, software, and systems management. Provides a highly secure, manageable and cost effective IS/IT environment that meets or exceeds the ever changing business demands.
- Provide an environment that encourages high morale and productivity. Attract high caliber people, providing career paths, ongoing training and skills enhancement.
- Develop and mange development of systems management policies, procedures, controls and tasks.
- Develop and manage architecture design, implementation, and governance. Involved with vendor and product selection to ensure adherence to architecture standards and contract negotiation.
- Perform other relate duties as required or assigned.
- Supervises 10-20 subordinate supervisors who supervise up to 130 employees in the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the department's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Fifth year program certificate; seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and four years management experience.