The NGINX Business Unit at F5 is searching for an outstanding and experienced manager to lead a group of our Platform Engineering engineers based in Boulder (Louisville), Colorado, or Seattle, Washington. On our team, you will have a major hand in the design and development of the core platform underlying NGINX’s control plane enterprise applications as well as numerous OSS projects and our exciting new service mesh offering.
- Support a hardworking team of software developers and build an environment underpinned by F5's core values.
- Be an experienced leader in architecture, code and testing patterns.
- Provide technical mentorship and expertise as part of our design and development processes.
- Collaborate with leaders in engineering and product management on roadmap, strategy, coordinating dependencies, establishing clear requirements, etc to effectively meet delivery and quality commitments.
- Support, mentor, and coach as well as provide professional development for your team. Provide continuous feedback and opportunities for career development.
- Identify hiring needs and be the hiring manager for recruiting high quality engineers.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience building and leading geographically distributed teams; enabling tight collaboration and partnership.
- Experience with Agile development, specifically MVP-style software development approach, enabling a fast release cadence.
- Background as a software engineer is critical along with familiarity with the full tech stack for backend platform engineering. Prior experience with: Go, Nginx, docker, kubernetes, public cloud (Azure, AWS), SaaS, time series and relational databases etc.
- Specialist in various software architectures such as monolithic OO applications to distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with modern CI/CD concepts (continuous integration and delivery, project management and reporting tools, Gitlab, CI/CD tools, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with different delivery mechanisms – SaaS continuous delivery to less frequent, but modern, on-prem release models
- Experience with cloud technology and networking, especially load balancing is a must
- Inspire and engage with your team while also interacting and collaborating with senior management and executives. View management as supporting and empowering your teams along with encouraging a phenomenal team culture
- 3+ years of leading software teams
- 10+ years in technology overall
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.