As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be required to set technical direction and support team members to meet current and future engine program needs. You will share in the team’s impact in all aspects of avionics hardware design and test. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Responsible for employee life cycle including performance management, task/project management, training and provide tools for career development for the group’s members.
- Contribute to definition, assignment and management of tasking for Propulsion Engineers.
- Assure compliance with other company plans, processes and procedures.
- Supports setting direction for the technology development within various technical areas of Engine System Design.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for programs during reviews and failure investigations.
- Provide technical oversight, guidance, and project management expertise to assigned engine programs.
- As required, the group manager may also provide direct technical support to program as an individual contributor.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and 10+ years’ experience in the detail design of aerospace fluid and structural systems.
- Experience with Creo (Pro/E) Wildfire, Windchill 10 and GD&T (ASME Y14.5).
- Experience in the entire product design and development cycle.
- Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time.
- Demonstrate ability to lead teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Master's Degree (M.S.) or higher in mechanical engineering.
- Advanced knowledge in design aptitude and product definition skills and expert in CAD packages such as Creo/ProE
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams on large and complex technical projects, including managing within budget constraints and scheduledeadlines
- Advanced knowledge in development process at both component and assembly level such as inspections and verification test.
Job ID 3389