Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
We are looking for an individual who will help us take our email program to the next level. The Senior Email Marketing Manager will be the person who helps us achieve our goal by delivering strategic, targeted/highly personalized, and innovative email messages to the customer through content development and storytelling. This role is critical in driving traffic and demand to Athleta.com and Athleta stores. The role works closely with and has the opportunity to present to all levels of the organization up to the Brand President. This role partners closely with Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Creative, Gap Inc central email team, Production, and is a key player in the Athleta digitalexperience. This role reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and manages one direct report.
• Develop and lead creation of email marketing strategy, taking into consideration the brand omni-channel marketing and merchandising strategies, creative storytelling, historical performance, and customer experience
• Drive email acquisition & reactivation forward through new programs, creative thinking and customer segmentation
• Partner closely with the merchandising, brand strategy & creative teams on identifying and bringing the brand marketing and product ideas to life
o Preseason planning of email stories with focus on storytelling & differentiation of Athleta from competitors
o Development of email cadence with the goal of driving traffic and conversion on the website and in the stores
o Develop circulation strategies using analytics to identify new segmentation approaches and/or refine existing customer segments
o Oversee weekly hind-sighting of email performance and communicate key learnings including key findings and future implications
• Partner with the Gap CEM team and Salesforce to develop and execute customer engagement, segmentation and personalization strategies to optimize email engagement and maximize email performance for the brand
• Develop omni-channel email acquisition strategy and execute against it including obtaining key partner buy in and alignment on goals
• Hindsight current triggered programs and develop a strategy to optimize them in the future
• Develop and execute email test plans across creative, segmentation & personalization to drive the business & aesthetic forward
• Develop and maintain close partnerships with cross functional teams including merchandising, creative, brand marketing, production, finance, and store operations
• Successfully integrate social media, strategic partners, and key content into emails
• Manage marketing analysis and hind-sighting of key marketing content by pulling data from analytics tool (Omniture), analyzing metrics and trends, and sharing with the organization
Qualifications / Skills
• 6-8 years of related marketing experience. Email marketing experience required
• Experience launching or managing a dynamic/personalized email program preferred
• Strategic & innovative thinker with passion for the customer and the ability to think creatively and analytically
• Passion for content creation & storytelling driving the brand
• Persuasive communicator that understands how to effectively balance various points of view, influence others, and find common ground that drives meaningful results
• Excellent project management and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load
• Flexible, team player
• Ability to analyze data and extract relevant and actionable insights. Omniture experience a plus
• Passion for the customer and retail/fashion industry
• Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.