- Manage and lead a team of approximately 10 electrical engineers focused on board design, power regulation, board bring-up, qualification, and customer co-development.
- Demonstrate exceptional cross functional and communication skills within the hardware engineering team and in your interactions with other engineering teams in architecture and development as well as with our program core teams, platform core teams, and validation/SOC development teams.
- Actively manage resources and program execution/ issue resolution in a dynamic development environment with programs that can be in various development phases ranging from concept, feasibility, execution, production, or sustaining.
- Work with SOC team architects and the business unit to define and develop product specifications.
- Drive the design and development of graphics boards for GPUs as well as bring-up. Bring-up consists of testing, debugging and validating before releasing to other development teams or custom.
- Drive innovation within the functional hardware engineering team in circuit implementations, power supply topologies/designs, innovative design, and component selections
- Lead cross-functional design teams to overcome platform challenges in the areas of power, thermal, signal integrity, EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference), firmware, software, and DFM (Design for Manufacturing)
- Define and manage experiments and assist hardware bring-up, troubleshooting, design verifications, optimizations, and fine-tuning for an optimum balance of cost and performance at board and system level.
Skills And Experience Requirements
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of board hardware and system design experience with 5+ years managing/leading an engineering team in this area with proven ability to lead complex/fast-pased programs.
- Solid experience of high-speed mix-signal design techniques, LDOs, Multiphase DC-DC switching power supply design, Cadence tools, like Concept, Capture, Allegro, power Integrity and signal integrity for high power ASIC products.
- Experience in hardware lab tools, digital oscilloscopes and other common lab equipmen
- Experience with firmware, APIs, applications, OSes and their interactions within Windows, Linux, gaming, compute, and virtualization environments.
- Understand industrial standards: high speed/digital interfaces (DP, PCI Express), memory interface, I2C/SMBus/PMBus.
- Must be self-driven, collaborative, and a strong team player with technical leadership skills to support optimal performance.
- Demonstrated technical and managerial leadership experience is required with excellent team work, communication and organization skills.
- Experience with high-speed serial interfaces, PCI Express, DisplayPort is a plus.
- Knowledge of modern power conversion technologies.
- Experience with fundamentals of power conversion and power delivery for high performance processors or GPUs is a plus.
- Experience Design and develop RTL for FPGA based sub-systems and test and verification cases for FPGA configuration design
- Familiarity with PC(single user machines) and server systems (HW/SW)architecture and interfaces is important.
This team is essential to the success of AMD as a growing company. It is a very exciting environment and you will be working with the very best in our technology. You will be working on some of the most exciting projects the industry has to offer.
Requisition Number: 64325