The Sr. Manager, Electrical, Software and Systems Engineering leads a team of electrical, software and systems engineers in the development of innovative new products and support of existing products. This position will provide software technical expertise as well as develop people through mentoring and direct management. This role will span several engineering disciplines, including software, systems, electronics and contract manufacturing.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills leading to effective collaboration and influence inside and outside the engineering function.
- Leadership and people development skills to create high functioning technical teams focused on new product development.
- Deep software and electrical system design knowledge which allows for guiding and challenging designs.
- Sense of urgency to drive project execution and fit in a fast-moving organization.
- Desire to quickly learn the products and continually focus on customer needs and the clinical environment to produce easy to use, innovative medical devices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Responsible for direct reports and accomplishing work through outside resources (i.e., consultants, contractors, design suppliers).
- Guides and mentors team members in the utilization of engineering fundamentals.
- Drives software and electrical technical decision making, including oversight of processes, investigation of problems, suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Develops and implements policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Analyzes technology, resource needs and market demand to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Supports project feasibility planning and execution through workload and resource estimation and allocation of electrical, software and systems staff.
- Works closely with designers and developers to achieve effective design.
- Understand how to develop User Needs and translate to Design Requirements.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience required; experience must include New Product Development.
- Minimum of 4 years leadership responsibility (managing directly; or directing individual activities.)
- Experience working with a Quality Management System (QMS) or other similarly regulated industry.
- Experience in Software Engineering in the medical device industry.
- Medical device experience (PMA or 510k) strongly preferred.
- Experience with process excellence or a process excellence certification such as Green/Black Belt preferred.
- Experience in the creation of software operating systems for medical devices.
- Experience setting/creating software strategy (including selection of operating systems) for medical device equipment.
- Experience with AI, networking, and cloud solutions.
- Experience or certification in project management preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software or Electrical engineering required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- 10% travel with a mix of domestic and international locations.
- Occasional overnight trips are required.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This Job Description
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This Job Description
may be changed at any time.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here .