San Diego, CA
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
8 - 10 years
Posted 167 days ago
At Pacira Pharmaceuticals, controlling postsurgical pain is the key to improving patient outcomes. Our in-depth knowledge of the needs of the postsurgical pain market, coupled with our passion for delivering improved patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results. Pacira Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for a Senior Manager, EH&S.
This position is responsible for developing, planning, and implementing Environmental, Health, and Safety programs that facilitate strong EHS management systems and practices to maintain compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
· Provide leadership to achieve the site’s environmental, health, safety (EHS), and security goals & objectives in order to improve overall performance for San Diego Science Center (SCC) site.
· Drive awareness and accountability for environmental, health and safety performance through all levels of the organization. Drive positive change in EHS programs through proactive planning, execution and measurement, communication, and best practice sharing.
· Provide technical and regulatory compliance expertise and support.
· Develops, recommends, implements strategies that improve our culture, reduce injuries, environmental impact, and risk of property damage and assure EHS compliance, and avoid and/or minimize hazards. Build and maintain awareness of developing environmental, health & safety issues and adoption of best practices through benchmarking internally and externally.
· Monitors and evaluates the workplace to ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA, APCD, DHS, ISO14001, or other local, state, and federal regulatory agencies and standards and serves as the single point of contact / manages relationships. Responsible for compliance standards, submitting reports and posting of any/all OSHA Log or other required compliance documentation.
· Manage overall environmental programs to ensure that all aspects of the site hazardous waste and environmental permitting system are in compliance.
· Develops, plans and implements environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures, programs, and training. Leads the site emergency response team.
· Coordinate EHS incident investigations and work closely with other managers to complete thorough investigations, identify root causes and ensure timely corrective actions. This includes analyzing behavior-based safety audits, first aid cases, near misses and accidents, to identify trends and opportunities, and make recommendations to improve safety performance.
· Manage overall occupational health program, including outsourced Industrial Hygiene, risk assessment and sampling/monitoring programs. Supervise occupational contract medical services providers. Manage the Potent Compound / New Compound Committee for evaluating new product entities and risks to the employees and facilities.
· Coordinate and/or conduct compliance EHS training, ergonomics programs, HAZWOPER, DOT and safety training. Assist in the development of appropriate and effective health & safety training for hourly, supervisory, and management team members.
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
· Demonstrated track record in leading and influencing organizations to improve EHS results and culture.
· Direct Process Safety Management (PSM), Process Hazards Analysis (PHA), and MOC experience.
· Hands-on occupational health and Worker’s Compensation management.
· Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Environmental Professional desired
· Six Sigma Green belt or Black Belt a plus
· Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to interface with people at all levels of the organization.
· Applied knowledge and working understanding of local, state and federal safety and environmental requirements (i.e.; OSHA, EPA), regulatory compliance, experience with inspections, incident investigations, process safety, contractor safety, EHS training, hazard reviews and job safety analysis
· Strong incident investigation, root cause analysis and continuous improvement skills
· Knowledge of safety, industry hygiene and environmental tools and technology
· Analytical problem solving and decision making
· Auditexperience or qualifications