Under Armour needs an expert planning leader in the North America Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Retail Division. The Senior Manager, DTC Business & Store Planning will be given an exciting opportunity to strategically lead within a fast growing brand and division. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. You will play a critical leadership role in overseeing the financial business planning, store planning, and price optimization functions within our vast, multi-channel Direct-to-Consumer business in North America with the opportunity to make an instant impact to the business; additionally you will be responsible for the continued development of our teammates as well as driving enhanced processes, acting as a key strategic thought leader that enables our North America Direct-to-Consumer planning organization to continue to be a global leader in planning for UA. As such, you will routinely engage and partner with our Finance, Merchandising, Visual, Store Operations, and Store Leadership teams as well as senior DTC leadership amongst others here at UA to drive and deliver on our strategic business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strategically lead the Total North America Direct-to-Consumer business planning, store planning, and price optimization functions to deliver on sales, margin, and inventory targets thru a multi-tiered, multi-dimensional planning organization with their team.
- Provide strategic guidance and key expert insights and recommendations to the senior executive leadership team on topside financial and store plans from a business perspective. Assess business risk/opportunities and drive contingency planning alignment for broader NA DTC Planning function.
- Develop, align, and execute on major process evolutions within respective functional areas (business planning, store planning, and price optimization) to deliver continued step change improvements that ensures achievement of business KPIs.
- Lead, develop, and guide a high-functioning, high-talented team to ensure continued individual teammate growth and career progression in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving retail environment.
- Establish key strategic career pathing thru thoughtful stretch assignment opportunities for teammates to drive individual growth and develop new skills, while enhancing and refining key complex processes that create efficiencies across all business channels/planning teams.
- Supervise the team's day-to-day responsibilities ensuring completion, accuracy, and alignment
- Establish, nurture, and utilize internal and external partners to drive and deliver on strategic business goals and objectives as well as to evolve overall business and store planning processes
- Act as a key thought leader and advisor for the Global Pricing Center of Excellence to inform larger corporate pricing initiatives and strategies based on insights from the NA DTC business.
Lead the North America Direct To Consumer (DTC) Business & Store Planning Team to optimal performance through training and development, inspired teamwork, routine recognition of success, strategic development of bench strength that results in future leaders of the larger global planning organization.
- Consistently produces results at the functional team level
- Accountable for their own execution, and that of their team
- Can complete a project with minimal direction
- Inspires confidence from their achievements that they will deliver. Done! Done! Done!
- Management: Hires and helps develop highly capable teammates
- Mentors and coaches teammates through motivation, an approachable style, and walking the talk themselves
- Communicates effectively
- Creates an appropriate sense of urgency as needed
- Lives and inspires the Under Armour Culture throughout the Company
- Lives for the Company values in their everyday interactions
- Commits time and energy to the success of the Company
- Positively represents UA outside of the Company
- Acts as a key leader in implementing the strategic plan that creates a unique advantage for UA in the marketplace
- Leads and drives projects and processes that have significant impact for their business
- Develops and proposes ideas that support the achievement of UA strategies
- Analyzes and challenges work methods to determine process improvement and better results
- Understands how their function fits into the Company objectives
- Has Senior Leadership's as well as their team's and peer's trust
- Delivers what is promised
- Proactive thinker who pushes for what is best for the functional team
- Is included in critical decisions as it pertains to their functions
- Provides thinking that is valuable to the organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent expert leadership and partnership skills.
- Ability to lead a team, set challenging standards, develop strong strategic partnerships, and lead while positively inspiring others to action.
- Strong expert analytical skills with the ability to analyze and delayer complex quantitative data.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated experience successfully distilling complex information to senior leadership to gain consensus, alignment, and support.
- Experience in systems and programs relative to planning processes. Excel skills imperative. Exposure to Epicor, SAP, Business Intelligence Reporting and Logility systems a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader, managing and develop a team of 2 or more direct reports with a proven track record in people development and mentoring.
- Minimum 10 years of planning, buying, and/or financial analysis experience at an elevated level in a progressive, focused retail organization.
- Advanced Excel skills are imperative. Related experience in systems and programs relative to planning processes are also critical.
- Excellent partnership skills with the ability to build consensus, drive alignment, and positively inspire results with their partners.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex quantitative data and provide expert insights and recommendations, particularly to senior executive leadership.
- Strong presentation skills.