Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Manager of Network Services is responsible for the following aspects of Universal Parks Technologynetwork operations:
- LAN, WAN, and Wireless architecture and design for all Universal Parks
- LAN, WAN, and Wireless implementation for Universal Orlando
- LAN, WAN, and Wireless Level-3 support for Universal Parks
- Provide management and technical direction for a staff of network engineers
- Ensure the network meets availability, reliability and performance requirements
- Research and define network hardware and software standards for all Universal Parks
- Develop/Updatenetwork usage policies and processes
- Recommend standard hardware and software configurations for all network devices
- Responsible for management and development of UPTNetworkOperation strategy. Including:
- Manage network designs, development, and build from multiple infrastructure projects and ensure appropriate security, growth, safety, redundancy, reliability and sustainability design strategies are in place for the Universal Orlando network.
- Manage the design, development, and build of new/remodel attractions and venues for all Universal Parks.
- Manage networkengineering team.
- Manage network design/build documentation.
- Develop and oversee networktechnology roadmap for all Parks.
- Collaborate with business units on strategic technical solutions.
- Provide Level-3 network support for all parks.
- Ability to be on call as needed, accommodate intermittent travel.
- Develop roadmap for increasing network capacity, redundancy, flexibility, security, and scalability
- Work with other Universal Parks on the integration of new technical solutions
- Maintain security across the Universal Parks networkinfrastructure
- Manage the Universal Orlando network team
- Manage network resources and inventory
- Maintain network documentation
- Work with IT Executives on budget management
Must be able to demonstrate detailed technical knowledge in all of the following areas:
- Large-scale LAN, MAN and WANnetworkarchitecture build
- Wireless networkarchitecture build
- Data center networkarchitecture build
- Networkarchitectures supporting disaster recovery
- Cisco routers and switches with extensive design, configuration, implementation and troubleshootingexperience
- Extensive Knowledge of IP protocol and applications
- Firewalls and VPNs
- Bachelor’s degreeRequired (Business Management, Computer Science, or related field)
- Master’s degreePreferred (Computer Science, Business Management, or related field)
- Minimum of five (5) years managing a Cisco network
- Minimum of seven (7) years managing a non-Cisco network
- Managing large, complex networks
- Leading large technical projects with demonstrated oral and written ability to communicate with team members and business leaders
- Managing and mentoring network engineers
- Architecting and designing large-scale networks
- Managing and maintaining Cisco Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls
- Wireless networking technologies such as 802.11x in an enterprise environment
- Will be responsible for working with otherIT departments and other business units in providing the architecture for delivering new solutions.
- Work with vendors/partners on delivering services and solutions
- Plan/schedule employee training based on individual career plans and business direction
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Cisco Certifications – CCNP
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.