Imperva’s Infrastructure and Cloud team is looking for a highly technical Network Engineering and Operations Director to drive innovation, scale, and operational excellence for the Imperva globally distributed CDN. As the Director of Network Engineering and Operations, you are responsible for owning the network as a product owner and ensuring the highest availability, reliability, performance, security, and scale of the network for Imperva’s customers.
- Manage, recruit, and expand a global team of talented engineers
- Own the operational budget for this team, make decisions and be accountable
- Lead engineering and operations management resources to design, implement, configure, support, and maintain all aspects of the global network infrastructure for health and performance
- Mentor direct reports providing them with guidance and support to achieve their career path and leadership growth objective
- Responsible for the performance, health, maintenance, and scalability of the entire global network infrastructure.
- Effectively communicate the goals and direction to your teams, ensuring objective alignment and mapping with Imperva’s organizational vision
- Take ownership of all network issue resolution. Ensure communication of correct urgency and severity to network engineers, internal teams, and vendor resources.
- Instill a NetDevOps mindset and culture for operational efficiency improvements
- Take accountability to ensure retrospectives, and learning review discussions are actionable to ensure implementation of corrective and preventive measures to reduce the chance for issue reoccurrence
- Work closely with our vendors to drive the strategic direction of their products and services and support processes to align with ICO architectural network vision and strategy
- Create an environment that promotes continuous training and learning
- Interface with and maintain open communication with internal leadership stakeholders to ensure we are providing excellent service and that we are receiving the same level of support in return
- Identify and communicate opportunities for automation to remove pain points related to repetitious operational tasks, improved network monitoring tools, configuration generation and standardization, and new circuit and peer implementations.
- Gather and define requirements for new products leveraging our global networks, including technical documentation for all relevant processes and technologies
- Partner with the global NOC to drive their resolution of network-related incidents to an acceptable closure rate, with appropriate MTTRs tracked and reported to drive continuous improvement
- 12+ years of professional experience within a cloud/web/CDN scale infrastructure
- 5+ years of leadership experience leading network engineers/architects
- Expert understanding of Internet routing (BGP/ISIS/MPLS), Ethernet switching, optical transport, Linux, Juniper/Arista, and related networking technologies
- Strong knowledge of anycast routing
- Experience leading network automation teams, using Python, Ansible, and other tools to manage and model the network
- Designing, documenting, and writing plans for network implementations and supporting processes
- Experience leading a team of resources practicing agile methodologies to ensure velocity of productivity and streamlined operational workflows.
- Adaptable to a constantly changing technical environment
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience