Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us. Gap Inc. Technology drives innovative retail, e-commerce and global enterprise technology for our headquarters operations and our five iconic brands across the world. We push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Innovation sits at the core of everything we do. And we’re not here just to execute; we’re here to learn and grow. As individuals, we’re passionate, diverse, innovative and wickedly talented. As a team, we’re making amazing things happen in our offices, our stores and our communities.
In this role, you will lead the Network Engineering and Ops team that run Gap's stores. As people leader first and delivery manager second, this leader must not only build a great team but also inspire and lead them. You would be responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and quality of the end product delivered. Works closely with Network Director, Architects, Product manager and Scrum Master to balance product architecture and delivery timeline.
- Design, monitor, maintain, and build out Gap's networkInfrastructure as it relates to it's fleet of stores
- Owns end-to-end quality of their product(s) jointly with Product manager and architecture
- Owns and maintains technical roadmaps for their product(s)
- Drive simple and scalable approach to new technology solutions using automation to enable the organization to easily deploy and operate new features, capabilities and functionality
- Demonstrated ability to gain immediate credibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and develop lasting, productive and collaborative relationships
- Build a high performing build & run team that operates with a culture of business and customer centricity
- Ensures that metrics appropriate to measure their product(s) health are produced, reviewed and understood (SLAs, Availability, performance metrics, NPM, etc.)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to simplify key messages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external executives, and both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven success working across organizational and geographic boundaries
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team building
Who you are
- 10+ years’ experience managing complex IT infrastructure
- At least 5+ years of experience in a Leadership role building and managing high performing teams
- Experience in retail environment support extremely helpful
- Experience in one or more Infrastructure automation technologies (automating network and host provisioning)
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Experienced with DevOps & ITIL approach in running a superior service operations & delivery function.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks or projects to align with the strategic objectives and with business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to assign recurring tasks and to utilize metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Thorough understanding of operational support processes, excellent business acumen and ability to direct team in dissecting and diagnosing complex problems.
- Proven record of building high performing teams
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.