Leads cross-functional teams to develop and implement Voya sourcing strategies for the highest complexity/risk indirect IT purchases/contracts in order to minimize risk and maximize value in the acquisition of goods and services. Works across the organization to consistently deliver on Sourcing’s value proposition and continually seek out opportunities to increase spend penetration. Perform spend analysis, market and vendor analysis, and supplier selection activities. Create and clearly articulate category and initiative specific negotiation strategies, managing contract drafting and leading contract negotiations of terms and conditions and pricing. Lead other activities to drive cost savings include but not limited to: demand management initiatives, vendor rationalization programs. Recommend process and policy changes to improve efficiency, reduce cycle time and enhance business partner satisfaction. Provide thought leadership and procurement subject matter expertise to partners across the business. Develop strong, value added relationships with business partners in order to establish Sourcing as a trusted strategic advisor. Lead and develop a team of Sourcing professionals covering multiple categories.
- Recommend and implement category specific sourcing methodologies and processes to achieve Voya’s enterprise objectives and specific business unit’s strategic plans. Drive action across functional organizations and across business units to affect policies, practices, processes and procedures having an impact on revenue and profitability.
- Provide guidance for procurement and contract activities for assigned categories.
- Lead the implementation/execution of proposals (RFX), strategies, initiatives, contracts/programs for highly complex and/or high-risk transactions. Understand spend analytics required to support the strategic objectives.
- Negotiate terms and conditions and pricing for purchases. Draft, redline and negotiate contract documents including but not limited to master agreements, license agreements, Statements of Work, Order Forms, NDAs, etc.
- Act as a resource to organization and senior management across multiple functions, divisions and geographic locations.
- Interact with internal/external third parties at all levels of management to support resolution of complex business issues requiring a balance of assertiveness, tact, business acumen and diplomacy.
- Engage in strategic planning efforts at the business unit and enterprise level.
- Participate in program, process and policy setting for the Sourcing organization.
- Achieve annual savings targets and other performance metrics as defined.
- Hires, trains and develops staff to achieve Sourcing’s objectives. Conducts performance reviews. Administers pay.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Minimum 8 years extensive, broad-based experience in contracting and strategic procurement of high complexity categories and/or projects. Prior experience sourcing IT categories required. Acts with a sense of urgency with ability to simultaneously lead multiple complex initiatives while consistently meeting timelines and milestones.
- Previous strategic sourcing experience for assigned categories is highly desired. Previous experience leading a team is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles such as purchasing, consulting services, business and contract law, licensing, intellectual property, financing and accounting.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts. Ability to draft contractlanguage/documents including, for example, Statements of Work, Service Level Agreements, etc.
- Strong technology skills i.e. PC, internet/intranet, e-procurement; advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills required.
- This individual must be able to effectively negotiate pricing, legal, business terms and conditions with suppliers, financing institutions, consultants and service companies primarily on a domestic basis. By virtue of breadth and/or depth of experience, is recognized as a key technical advisor highly capable of translating business objectives into finite project management plans with clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and completion targets. Demonstrates knowledge of cost and price analysis techniques, proposal/contracting skills, project management, business management and strategic category management techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required. Strong team building skills are essential.