Sr. Manager / Director Data Governance
This position is responsible for defining and developing business processes that implement successful data governance and data quality within my client's environment.
The Data Governance team is focused on ensuring that the right data is used the right way by the right people at the right time, while the data quality team is focused on ensuring that data is at the highest quality.
- Responsible for assisting in defining and implementing enterprise data management strategies, vision and management processes to effectively govern enterprise data including the management of enterprise data governance, operating model, data policies and standards as well as the implementation of clearly defined data management definitions for use across the organization.
- Roll out an enterprise wise data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability. In addition, he/she will have a key role guiding and influencing various stakeholders across the organization to achieve the goals defined in the enterprise data governance and enterprise data management strategies.
- Responsible to monitor data quality, identify data quality issues, oversee remediation plans, implementation of data controls, and manage data quality remediation strategies. He/she will define data quality strategy, create & manage data quality working group, define necessary governance, manage budget and resources assigned to governance program(s) and will be the ultimately accountable for achieving the goals defined in the plan.
- Have oversight and ensuring that standardized data governance "tools" including data requirements documents, data lineage work flows, metadata forms, data models, etc. are used across the organization by all relevant stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and processes to ensure data meets following characteristics, including but not limited to: accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance and completeness
- Create, manage and facilitate a Data Policy Governance process to identify and understand the critical data issues in terms of business impact/risk/opportunity and ensure data policy enforcement and compliance
- Develop and deliver status updates on data quality across the organization by creating and updating an Enterprise Data Management dashboard
- Develop and drive strategy regarding data quality and functional system administration and establish and maintain partnership with the different key stakeholders
- Set formal standards, policies and processes regarding data quality management
- Develop enterprise wide remediation plans: Monitor and track data quality issues, identify gaps, build action plans to remediate gaps, manage budget and resources, execute and monitor plans
- This position will maintain data related standards, policies and procedures to minimize risk derived from bad data
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Between 6 to 8years of experience in Data Management, Data Governance and Data Quality position
- MBA or other related graduate level degree desirable.
- Demonstrated success in leadership role and vision.
- Flexible and has a wide range of excellent communication and presentation skills: excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Experience with all facets of data management including data architecture and modeling, data quality, data warehousing, business intelligence, and metadata management.
- Exposure to tools used to support data management specifically business glossary and metadata management, data profiling and data quality.
- Experience in establishing and successfully leading Data Governance programs: heavy emphasis on developing and implementing data standards, policies, practices, and procedures that lead to substantive improvements in data integrity.
- Proven ability to coordinate cross functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key stakeholders towards common goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality.
- Strong leadership experience.