We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic, business focused HR leader for our PPD Division organization. This position is based in New York and will be responsible for overseeing HR generalist and some change management projects for professional products. This Sr. Manager / Director position contributes to business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organization design, performance management, recruitment, training, compensation, governmental compliance, organizational culture and employee engagement This is a business partner role with functional groups to attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage people. In addition, this position will anticipate and optimize the organization’s people needs to align with the overall business strategy.
This position will serve as a business partner in working with key leaders and client groups throughout the organization. This role will collaborate with all HR Centers of Excellence and requires a strong emphasis on strategic and organization consulting.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Recruitment – Partner with Talent Acquisition team on the recruitment strategy, selection and hiring for all open positions; Promote PPD as a best place to work
- Integration - Oversee the integration of all new employees through FIT (onboarding program) and make recommendations on program improvements.
- Employee development - Strategically manage careers on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities while utilizing the MAP process for personal and professional growth.
- Succession planning – Partner with Executives to define the Succession Plan for key roles, particularly in Education. Assess current and future talent needs for the division and develop strategies and plans to meet those needs. Monitor and drive the bench strength, identify high potential talent, proximity to the people, oversee career-pathing and management development
- Organizational effectiveness - Influence and help adapt the organization to align with business objectives and design and optimize organizational capabilities.
- Retention strategies - Analyze, identify and drive recommendations on retention program strategy
- Employee relations - Objectively provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management
- Total rewards compensation management - Collaborate with Total Rewards to evaluate employee pay levels & plan content to assess market competitiveness, including base salary & bonus plans.
- HR policies & programs – Ensure adherence to local laws for entire group; Lead development, communication and implementation of strategic HR programs.
- Culture - Facilitate the communication of the organization’s desired culture, vision and values which guide the decisions and actions of the business; Provide training and facilitation base on needs
- Performance management – Drive performance management through business partnership, coaching, counseling and disciplinary programs
- Identify strategies to increase productivity and employee performance
- This role supports employees that are both headquarters and field based. Travel between L’Oreal facilities and PPD events is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; Masters Degree a plus
- 5-10 years’ experience – Generalist, Training, OD work
- Compensation – In-depth understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same.
- Legal - Significant understanding of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment, ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Financial - Solid knowledge of P & L, including budget process
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems)
- This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
- Entrepreneurially spirited; strong work ethic and customer driven
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, facilitation, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- High degree of executive maturity to be able to influence others
- Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.).
- Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the division, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers; flexibility and adaptability in an evolving business environment
- Change management - Ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change