Vail Resorts is hiring a Digital Operations Senior Manager who will be responsible for the stability, availability and maintenance of our digital platforms. This role also establishes and governs the processes and procedures by which we train and deliver on these platforms to enable business stakeholders to utilize the tools in our digital toolkit. This person is also responsible for minimizing risk and incidents while keeping our team agile to execute on our go-to-market strategic plans and campaigns. The Digital Operations Senior Manager leads a team of five Senior Specialists who are subject matter experts in our content management system, troubleshoot website issues, provide user experience recommendations, enable products for sale online and effectively communicate with business and technology stakeholders.
- Strategic owner of training program and curriculum development to provide ongoing support for end users of our digital content management platforms (Sitecore, Lumiplan, MTN Live, Umbraco, etc)
- Maintain documentation for digital team processes, end user knowledge management, training and projects.
- Subject matter expert on the ecommerce flow and online experience for various product lines (season passes, lift tickets, lodging, ski school, rentals), as well as an intimate understanding of the technical capabilities of the websites.
- Strategic owner of Sitecore, our website platform Content Management System, in order to support functional can content changes on the websites.
- Executional owner of go-to-market marketing campaigns from the Product Marketing and business teams, including website personalization.
- Provide transparency and effective communication around project timelines, maintenance enhancements, and priority issues.
- Manages the intake/ticketing system for website bugs and enhancement requests. This role will work with various stakeholders to prioritize the backlog and must be able to articulate between competing business priorities and scope capabilities.
- Leads the strategy, planning and execution with various lines of business and resorts to define and execute season start activities such as - updating navigation, content changeover, weather, terrain & lift status, ecommerce product sale enablement, and testing.
- The primary point of contact when a digital priority (P1-3) issue surfaces. The Digital Operations Team is responsible for acting as the first line of defense to troubleshoot urgent issues and effectively communicate with stakeholders. This role establishes an on-call schedule and there is an expectation of being available on some nights and weekends to troubleshoot an issue should it arise.
- Day to day point of contact for content contractors and maintains steady pool of resources for bursting based on business needs.
- Strategic owner of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) planning, implementation and management.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position and/or function (Digital marketing operations, e-commerce, email, or other online marketing).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Management Information Systems)
- Experience leading and developing direct reports as this role has five direct reports.
- Experience working with content management systems, like Sitecore, Wordpress, Drupal, Umbraco, etc.
- Understanding of website standards, usability, ADA accessibility, site design, and ecommerce.
- Understanding and experience participating in Agile SCRUM ceremonies.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience presenting and leading meetings.
- Experience problem solving with stakeholders outside immediate team and explaining technical issues in business terms.
- Experience with web analytics and ability to look at data to determine the business impact of a problem or an enhancement.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task complex, unrelated needs of the business.
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks concurrently based on larger goals.
- Preferred: Experience in planning and implementing a successful SEO strategy