Responsible for multiple projects, teams and systems. The role requires exceptional versatility, including project leadership, technology, and Agile planning and communication. The Sr. Development Manager is required to:
- Manage, negotiate, and coordinate with technology, and business stakeholders on prioritization of tactical and strategic technology initiatives, as well as monitor the entire project process
- This role is accountable for end-to-end delivery of features, enhancements and projects
- Takes the lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices’ for technical development methodologies and tools, ensuring expected application performance levels are achieved
- Builds understanding of industry trends and contributes to the development of standards and practices for areas of domain expertise; influences the development of plans and processes; signs-off code reviews.
- Extends expertise across multiple technical domains; awareness of risks associated with application development and potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation
- Provide estimates and high-level solutions as part of the project life cycle
- Work directly with business owners to define requirements for all project methodologies
- Implement processes, best practices, and tools that allow for multiple paths of delivery. i.e., create simplified, consistent, reusable, efficient and flexible solutions
- Manage partnerships with external vendors and accountabilities from those vendors to Rogers
- Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements based on program retrospectives
- Determines staffing requirements to meet department needs. Hires and retains talent.
- Conducts appropriate staff performance management and review practices and follows Rogers HR standard policies and procedures in people management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 10+ years of professional Development Management experience managing increasing project size and complexity; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in customer-centric organizations
- 5+ years’ experience in implementing projects or using the agile methodologies
- Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Working knowledge of key technical concepts such as cloud-based systems, web services, Kubernetes and container frameworks, etc.
- End-to-end management of an entire development cycle from concept to deployment and monitoring of applications, procurement engagement and vendor management
- Proficient with Agile development management tools (JIRA, and Confluence preferred)
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
- Strong business acumen
- Experience working with outsourced and offshore teams and able to work in hours that is in synch with the offshore teams
- Telecom industry experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences