The Sr. Manager, Demand Planning directs the division to drive the creation of SKU level forecasts by collaborating with the team of local and regional planners, and facilitates necessary communication with business leaders, supply sites and Global Operations Integrated Business Planning Managers. They work with regional marketing and operations partners to reconcile and synchronize demand forecasts to maintain product availability while keeping inventory investments at targeted levels. Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure on time delivery of high quality purchasing/selling forecasts of the Division by SKU and product line. Must assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast: historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels. Will need to gather, analyze and validate data, review resulting statistical forecast models
- Meet customer service needs assuring a high standard of Customer Service and Supply Chain Planning metrics performance, while sizing the optimal inventory and meeting the committed inventory investment targets
- Manage fill rates, forecast accuracy, and inventory metrics for their division
- Improve forecast accuracy by effectively analyzing sources of forecast error and recommending appropriate action plans
- Use Demand Planning tools and technologies and suggest improvements to improve the current demand planning process
- Serve as the primary planning contact for Marketing, Sales and Finance business partners and also as the primary contact for the Global Operations Integrated Business Planning Manager and Plant Networks
- Flawless supply chain execution for all new product launches and new business plans, as well as existing base products
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives for future consideration to Divisional Management. May make recommendations for targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Participate in development, modification and improvement of procedures, policies, processes and technologies within the organization
- Lead IBP meetings at divisional level and leverage best available cross-functional inputs and apply judgment based on knowledge of the business and robust cross-functional discussions.
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of business experience in Supply Chain Management or Manufacturing Operations and ERP systems experience required. Medical device industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in two or more of the following disciplines is required: Supply Chain Planning, Demand Management/Forecasting, Logistics, Manufacturing, Procurement, Order Management, Inventory Management and/or Contract Manufacturing
- Demonstrated proficiency in new product introductions and supplier metrics is preferred
- APICS certification and Lean Manufacturing Training (Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools, training and/or certification experience) preferred
- Experience with demand planning tools like Oracle Demantra, Demand Solutions or SteelWedge preferred
- Demonstrated experience with inventory, planning, order management and MRP computer systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Project Planning software, Flow Charts, and management of Database tools.
- Demonstrated experience using statistical software packages and be capable of extensive spreadsheet analysis.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to drive results through a global matrix structure is required.
- Proven ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical/quantitative skills
- Demonstrated ability for decision making, to work under pressure, and capacity to make good judgment under critical situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated planning processes and inventory management skills
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: Up to 25%Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.