Technology Operations is centered around three core functions Business Relationship Management, Global Program Management and Business Operations to support the DTCI technology organization. This position is part of the Global Program Management team which manages the execution of DTCI Technology programs, including scope, delivery schedules and budgets in addition to identifying dependencies, managing risks and quantifying business impact. This role collaborates with product, engineering and business stakeholders to understand and rationalize strategic roadmaps while providing easy to understand, transparent reporting to leadership during delivery.
This position will be a part of the Technology Operations division, and is responsible for developing and leading the strategy to shift the decision making process from responsive to predictive. This role will address the challenges encountered with delayed, differing and missing information that impairs planning and results. They will provide solutions that create actionable indicators that show value, cost, delivery and complexity across the portfolio through various dashboards and reporting. They will drive outcomes that will help set accurate budgets and forecasts with the agility to pivot in a dynamic business environment.
- Lead and develop a team of delivery coaches responsible for coaching multiple teams that support varying portfolios across each division, including team level and scaled delivery across teams to enable successful delivery of work based on business value.
- Maintain, update, and lead areas of execution for the Delivery Innovation Center of Excellence roadmap by soliciting input from key stakeholders and recommending prioritization that brings the most business value based on organizational/portfolio, program/product, and/or service/business unit goals.
- Provide thought leadership to help streamline work intake, planning, and reporting processes to ensure processes support Lean and Agile principles that guide and influence metrics to increase organizational agility.
- Oversee processes, policies, procedures, training, and tooling changes to continuously improve the flow of work based on feedback from key stakeholders and teams.
- Facilitate team workshops to help new and/or maturing teams understand Agile and Lean principles, Scrum, Kanban, and individual and team roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and drive a training program for employees and contractors on Agile processes, tools, and policies.
- Directly coach and/or oversee new teams with sprint 0 planning and implementation.
- Provide ad hoc coaching to teams that have implemented Agile or Lean processes but need assistance to refine those processes.
- Provide practical hands on mentoring to team members, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and managers of new and existing teams.
- Develop, evolve and maintain an delivery maturity assessment model (including metrics), which assesses team and organizational performance and delivery maturity, including sharing findings with the Delivery Innovation Center of Excellence stakeholders and teams.
- Lead and participate in communities of practice or guilds.
- Communicate the value of Agile and delivery successes to others in the organization, including senior leadership.
- Coach executives, managers, and business partners on understanding how to apply principle-based delivery within their organization.
- Ensure organization-wide delivery artifacts and methodology documentation are kept up-to-date and relevant.
- Observe delivery coaches to provide feedback on improvements and consistency, as necessary.
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible work experience with cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams; and multi-disciplinary projects of high complexity to meet strategic goals
- 7-10 years of experience in Agile organizational transformations; project management; Agile; and coaching teams, managers and executives
- 5-7 years of Agile implementation experience, with direct experience coaching at the team level
- Holds one or more Agile certifications (eg. CSM, CSP, CSPO, SPC5)
- Knowledge of scaling frameworks (e.g., Spotify, SAFe, LeSS, and DaD)
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders on highly complex projects
- Must be able to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and leaders
- Expert in cross group communication, and the ability to get buyoff from business, operations and peers
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Intimately familiar with the Agile software development principles along with a demonstrated ability to lead teams toward increased agility over time
- Ability to articulate benefits of Agile
- Strong Scrum Master skills
- Demonstrated expertise working with Kanban and/or Scrum
- Experience coaching, training and mentoring teams
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and facilitation skills, including successful experience presenting to senior level executives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment – a relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving outcomes across multiple priorities
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack development and data architectures
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize team delivery
- Comfortable managing and leading high performing individuals who coach teams through the development and deployment of complex enterprise solutions
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to aligning team delivery with strategic objectives and discipline to measure delivered outcomes
- Demonstrates deep curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- Strong planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Scrum Master Certification
- SAFe (SPC4) Certification (desired)
- Product Owner Certification (desired)