Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) is part of the Pernod Ricard Group, the #2 alcohol beverage company in the world with a strong portfolio of brands such as Absolut Vodka, Chivas Regal, Avion Tequila, Jameson Irish Whiskey, and Kahlua, to name a few. At PRUSA, we are creators of conviviality: our purpose is to bring people together every day and create the moments that make life worth living. It means working with great people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about our brands, our industry, and spirit.
A new division of Pernod Ricard is the introduction of our Transformation organization which spearheads data analytics, insights generation, IT strategy, e-commerce and digital growth. We’re looking for a strong business leader with data analytics expertise to join our growing team in a new role as Sr. Manager, Decision Scientist. In this role, you’ll utilize data science methods to provide analytics and insights that help solve business problems and enable stronger decision making across our business. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, are scrappy, entrepreneurial, and proactive.
In this role, you will be leveraging digital, data and AI to help Pernod Ricard conquer new frontiers and be the most innovative Wine & Spirits company in the world, which is shaping new ways we do business with high-value applications such as end-to-end forecasting and planning along with ROI measurement for advertising and promotional spending. This allows us to better anticipate needs, adapt to, and shape changes in consumer demand and behaviors.
Our ambition is to leverage the uniqueness of the depth of our brand portfolio to address the right product & service at the right time, at the right price to the right person. This will be done by:
- Reinventing the way sales forces operate, equipping them with data-driven tools to support the prioritization of their efforts
- Optimizing the pricing of products in real time.
- Optimizing marketing spend allocation across channels
- Deploying some flagship projects, such as Sales Forces allocation across points of sales based on business potential and image by using various sources of data (point of sales, sales data by SKU, Sales Rep data, social network, third-party data)
- Prioritization of outlets through social media data & automated updates to increase market penetration and better calibration of our route to market
- Projects are delivered in production on our “Data Platform” built in partnership with our best in class IT team leveraging the most recent technologies available on the public cloud.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Supports PRUSA VP of GTM Strategy to advise on the overall design, creation and implementation of corporate data and analytics initiatives
- Solve complex problems and delivering actionable business insights.
- Understand high-level business objectives and continually align work with those objectives to meet needs of business (ROI, cost-benefit analysis).
- Curious, future-focused and always looking to dive deep into new technologies and meaningfully apply them.
- Work cross-functionally to design, develop and implement intelligent end-to-end business solutions
- Effectively advocate technical solutions to business stakeholders, engineering teams, as well as executive level decision makers.
- Maintain a culture of innovation via rapid prototyping and research to leverage new data sources and techniques.
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to participate or lead discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Applies mathematical theory, statistical analysis and machine learning techniques to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Identifies and gathers, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences various levels of management, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Develop quantitative analyses, ad hoc reports, and models to support business decision-making.
- Mine data and analytics at the customer and/or account level to gain a better understanding of purchasing and usage behaviors.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years’ work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
- Master's Degree preferred but not required
- Proficiency with multiple analytical and database tools (e.g Jupyter notebooks, Hive, PowerBI, Tableau)
- 3+ years' experience with conducting data analysis on large data sets, via Python, R, SQL, SAS, Alteryx, or other statistical analysis tools
- 3+ years' experience communicating statistical results in a business setting
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making
- Can drive insights and compelling storytelling out of data signals
- Entrepreneurial, able to deal with ambiguity and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Thinks laterally about data and insights, integrating various inputs into a 360 view
- Has strong capacity to balance competing demands
- Is comfortable with ambiguous, ‘patchwork’ data sets
- CPG/Beverage Alcohol experience preferred but not required