The Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Business Partner will report to the Director, DE&I. The position is accountable for building positive relationships with multiple business leaders and DE&I partners, e.g., Employee Network (eNet) leaders, assessing the gaps and opportunities to address around DE&I, and developing and implementing DE&I strategies and programs. The Sr. DE&I Business Partner will be expected to have the skills to diagnose gaps and need. This includes: relationship building, data analysis, create and implement strategies and tactics and leading all aspects of the development of the annual Affirmative Action Plans.
The strategic focus points will include, but not limited to, improving representation, development, promotion, and retention of robust, underrepresented groups and driving engagement and inclusion by creating a phenomenal place to be for all employees. You will work with members of the DE&I team, business leaders, HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence, internal D&I champions, corporate partners and external DE&I thought partners to further enterprise and functional DE&I strategies. This role includes strategic advising, data analysis, strategy development and implementation, survey creation and analytics, partner and vendor management, project management, attending internal and external DE&I events and conferences (local, national & global).
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage HRBP’s, business leaders, and Japan & Europe DE&I colleagues to assess needs, and address unique needs of our diverse business groups to ensure we are building and executing a global, balanced DE&I strategy.
- Partner with and influence business leaders and other key partners in the development and execution of enterprise-wide DE&I strategies, initiatives, and programs that align with business initiatives and goals.
- Create and implement measurable DE&I strategies and initiatives to achieve enterprise DE&I goals and objectives that support business strategies and goals.
- Increase level of DE&I awareness and establish accountabilities to hire, develop, and retain hard-working, underrepresented talent within functional groups by understanding and communicating diversity metrics, engaging senior level champions and gaining their dedication to participate in diversity recruiting and targeted development programs initiatives.
- Assess employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity and equity initiatives.
- Lead all aspects of the development of the annual Affirmative Action Plans to inform opportunity areas and ensure HR business partners are briefed on those areas and advising business leaders on EEO and/or AAP related activities and recommending strategies & tactics to address opportunity areas when appropriate.
Essential skills and capabilities
Job Knowledge and Scope
- Applies sophisticated theoretical DE&I knowledge and establishes new principles and concepts to independently address strategic problems.
- Drives the application of strategies and concepts and resolves best course of action.
- Develops and executes overall objectives and short, mid-term, and long-term goals.
- Work is performed without direction.
- Exercises significant latitude in resolving objectives and approaches to assignments.
- May provide guidance and leads work activities of other team members for specific projects or objectives.
Job complexity and decision making
- Develops solutions to sophisticated and complex problems requiring regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Challenges are often unique and solutions need to fit into overall department and company objectives.
- Decisions have significant impact on objectives and goals of the department and organization.
- Serves as primary DE&I consultant to senior leaders and internal/external DE&I partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in DE&I, human resources management, organizational development, business or related field.
- Twelve to fifteen years of experience as DE&I leader, business partner, and/or consultant.
- Experience in functional business management experience or human resources experience in HR business partnering, organizational development, and/or change management is a plus.
- Strong program management and project management skills and the ability to execute on multiple priorities is a must
- Must possesses excellent presentation and facilitation skills with DE&I subject matter expertise and experience to provide counsel and recommendations to business leaders and HR in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and initiatives.
- Strong communication skills including the ability for widespread communication planning and delivery of clear messages to the organization, including senior leaders to help build and sustain awareness and engagement to bring the DE&I strategy to life.
- You have excellent written communication and analytical skills.
- Travel as required (approximately 20%)