The Data Science Group is a centralized team that is responsible for helping business units make objective decisions using science. The group delivers critical analytical insights and in-depth consultative analyses to develop tangible and actionable recommendations that are then implemented in real-time to improve business operations. The Sr. Manager of Data Science Group is the face of the Data Science team for internal clients and works with key business partners to identify collaboration opportunities. The role ideates with business groups to develop a point of view on how advance analytics and Machine Learning can improve status quo while working with the Data Science team to develop an execution plan. The Sr. Manager is also responsible for ensuring that we hire and develop the best in class data science team and to foster an intellectual and collaborative environment.
- Operates as the internal client’s thought partner
- Provides in-depth consultative analyses to senior business leaders
- Provides data mining, pattern and root cause analyses to help business units understand areas of untapped opportunity
- Develops business cases and recommendations for innovations to address business opportunities
- Produces ROI models and delivers build vs. buy recommendations
- Presents design, analysis, modeling choices and recommendations to CXO level audiences
- Develops a roadmap to best support business initiatives
- Collaborates closely with internal business partners and identify opportunities where machine learning can add value
- Owns R&D and maintenance of real-time decision systems maximizing conversion, LTV and alternate revenue streams
- Formulates an analytic data-driven approach to address business questions
- Designs technical solutions for decision systems and the development of modeling algorithms to be deployed to production
- Manages, mentors, and develops the overall team of Data Scientists
- Challenges the internal data science team on advance analytical concepts
- Hires, trains, retains and challenges a best-in-class data science and analytics professionals
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling/mentoring, and discipline of assigned associates
- Manages other managers of data science and/or principle data scientists
- Proven success managing teams of predictive modelers and advanced statisticians.
- Ability to foster a team of data scientists who create analytic solutions.
- Exceptional business acumen, with abilities to develop strategic and tactical recommendations across multiple areas of the business through research and collaboration.
- Advanced knowledge of data science concepts and experience working with diverse large data
- Excellent internal client (including Executive level) and external vendor management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical and presentation skills including advanced fluency with Microsoft business applications (Word, Excel).
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to direct cross functional team members.
- Advanced knowledge with Python, SQL, R, and other data modeling tools including data evaluation with the ability to extract and interpret data from various sources to offer creative solutions.
- Strong PowerPoint skills
Experience / Education:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Business Administration, a related field or equivalent education required
- Phd preferred
- 10 years relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience
- 5 years’ experience managing and mentoring direct reports