Job Summary: Sr. Manager HR Data and Analytics
The goal of the new HR Data and Analytics Team is to accelerate Jabil’s ability to unlock business value from data for our divisions, corporate functions, and employees through enabling connected, trusted enterprise data and predictive analytics.
As the Manager of HR Data and Analytics, you will define strategies to ensure HR data governance across global HR systems throughout the data lifecycle and deliver solutions ranging from large scale predictive workforce analytics to sophisticated on-demand services and dashboards. You will own the creation and implementation of an end-to-end data quality framework to continuously improve data quality and ensure all HRIS systems are in sync
You will closely partner with leaders from across the enterprise to understand customer needs, prioritize capabilities, build a platform roadmap, coordinate delivery of these capabilities, and then drive adoption of them.
In this role, you will also lead, mentor, and develop the analysts who are designing, testing and building the tools and processes to help our HR successfully partner with business leaders. We are looking for someone who can think strategically as well as roll up their sleeves, lead by example, and dive deep into the practical application of solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes the HR Data and Analytics vision and strategy, in alignment with leadership priorities, business stakeholder requirements, and business unit requirements
- Leads the development and implementation of data analysis, predictive analytics and visualization tools to provide leadership with people trends and insights for key employee lifecycle events
- Leads HR Operations and IT in creating and managing standards for acquisition, maintenance, transfer, and disposition of HR data to ensure data quality, resolve issues, and ensure designed data structures meet business needs
- Defines and then works with HR Operations, functional leads and IT to implement standard processes and controls to maintain data integrity across global HR systems
- Creates and implements common methodology and tools for project management, data governance, modeling, testing, and solutions production.
- Establishes strategy and approach for scalable, efficient and automated processes for complex, large scale data analyses
- Implements standard process for operationalizing discoveries and partners with stakeholders throughout the production process to ensure success and adoption
- Leads the development, implementation and maintenance of a standard reporting dashboard across primary stakeholder groups (C-suite, Operations Leader, Managers, HRBPs, Etc.)
- Partner with HR and business leaders to develop a standard set of HR KPIs
- Develop a standard reporting set to provide on-demand, country-specific statuary reporting
- Establish an analytics network leveraging Jabil’s unique global footprint to provide standard reports in a cost efficient and timely manner
- Provides vision and actively pursues the improvement and development of self-service reporting tools/capabilities
- Proactively works with the team to streamline reports and improve the quality of information provided to stakeholders
- Maintains operational excellence on the team to ensure high quality methods to gather and manage large datasets from multiple sources, transforming or cleaning data as necessary
- Manages stakeholder relationships and ensures evolving HR data needs are met
- Communicates with employees at all levels, to gain the voice of the customer, to explain approaches and results, and to consult on analytics services
- Support M&A activities by analyzing and preparing 3rd party employee populations to be uploaded to Jabil’s HRIS
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensures efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Ensure that any reporting activities are in alignment with Jabil’s data privacy standards.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- BA/BS required
- MBA or Masters in a quantitative major or concentration preferred
- Extensive experience preparing human capital research and analysis to summarize HR data, strategies, and recommendations for a senior executive audience
- Direct experience with analyzing large, complex data sets and interacting with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances and flexibility to work in ambiguous situations
- Financial services, consulting, or corporate development experience a plus
- Ability to lead with business value and clearly measure and articulate business impact
- Ability to develop hypothesis to answer business questions, collect data from various sources to test hypothesis and tell a story through the creative use of data analytics
- Lead high performing cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute programs, services and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk
- Strong portfolio and program management skills, experience managing CRISP-DM initiatives is a plus
- Outstanding consultative, critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to operate strategically and build effective partnerships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong understanding of HR Service Delivery and Technology
- Ability to understand complex processes and their interrelations across all HR business partners
- Expertise with statistical analysis tools and methodologies like SAS, R, and Python
- Experience with a wide range of data mining, predictive modeling and machine learning tools, ecosystems, and techniques such as Azure ML, Hadoop and MapReduce
- Familiarity with core data structures in the SAP HR, SAP SuccessFactors, and Workday HR Management Systems