Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
Global Security Office:
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an essential partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
In the Global Security Office, you will have the opportunity to work for the protection of Symantec’s information technology, brand, intellectually property, and customer data from misuse or compromise. Security controls have never been more important and as the leader in security solutions, we are targeted relentlessly and aggressively on many fronts and must defend ourselves accordingly. The Global Security Office is responsible for all aspects of security at Symantec and, as such, is made up of a diverse, multi-disciplinary and highly talented group of individuals who strive every single day to protect what is most critical to Symantec.
The Sr. Manager - Cyber Threat Intelligence is responsible for all aspects of development, implementation and oversight for Symantec’s internal Cyber Threat Intelligence program. Through the timely and effective delivery of adversary intelligence, your team support’s the 24x7x365 Joint Security Operations Centre’s (JSOC) mission to execute end-to-end securityinvestigations and effectively deploy countermeasures. Do you like getting your hands dirty hunting badness? If so, this job is for you.
- You will lead strategic projects and develop capabilities to enhance and mature existing cyberthreat intelligence functions.
- You will establish and operate processes necessary to collect, analyses, prioritize and disseminate current all-source intelligence product in support of JSOC priorities.
- You will build and develop a team of cyberthreat analysts to identify, track and investigate high priority threatcampaigns and malicious actors with the interest and capability to target Symantec users and infrastructure.
- Your team will provide timely and prioritized intelligence support into the JSOC detection lifecycle and incident response processes.
- Use your interpersonal skills to develop and maintain key cross-functional relationships with Security Research, Physical Security, Product Security, IT, Legal, and other critical business unit areas.
- You and your team will ensure the JSOC is able torespondappropriately to both commonly used and specific adversary TTPs through the development and participation in table-top and adversary simulation exercises.
- Essential – minimum 5years’ experience developing commercial grade all source threat intelligence products.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in management of cyberthreat intelligence analysis teams.
- Detailed understanding of Cyber Crime, Hacktivist, APT and Insider Threatassociated tactics.
- Experience in analyzing malware / offensive tools and threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures to characterize threat actor’s technical methods for accomplishing their objectives or missions.
- Experience with Incident Response methodology in investigations, and the groups behind targeted attacks and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Understanding of threat analysis and incident response methodologies, including the Cyber Kill Chain, Pyramid of Pain, Diamond Model, etc.
- Hands-on experience with securitytechnologies:
- Threat Intelligence Platforms - CRITS, MISP, ThreatConnect, Anomali, etc
- Malware Sandboxing – Symantec Malware Analysis Platform, Cuckoo, etc
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues as understandable language.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Experience utilizing Splunk.
- CISSP, GCIH or othersecurity related certification.
- Experience in Ethical Hacking or Red Team.
- Experiencein reverse engineering malware.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.