Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employeesand customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a voice of the customer
- Foster relationships with Customer Quality and Supply Chain organizations
- Ensure customer concerns are addressed within Collins
- Ensure Zero Defect Plan is executed properly in the business units to achieve “green” quality rating from the customers perspective
- Engage in significant Quality escape investigation to provide quality oversight and ensure Collins-wide read-across
- Candidates for this role should possess a BA/BS degree in Engineering or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience or advanced degree with 3 years relevant experience.
- 30% Customer Site Travel
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers
- Proficiency in Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma/ACE tools and methodologies
- Experience with managing and working in a matrix organization
- Strong leadership and good presentation skills
- Self-motivated, high energy with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments
- Effective team player with the ability to develop and sustain team commitment and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively to large groups of customers, executive teams and Collins sites
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Job ID 01289774