Reporting to the Senior Director Supply Chain and Customer Services, the Senior Manager Customer & Lifecycle Services is responsible for leading an experienced, global team of professionals who provide customer order management & execution, and develop & manage profitable post-sales strategic programs to the market. Although a Senior Manager, the successful candidate is expected to engage directly at a working level contributing to overall team deliverables. This role has the potential to develop quickly and grow into a Director-level position with increased functional responsibility for the right candidate.
Responsible for ensuring a best-in-class customer experience, this role must drive lean processes and tools to facilitate efficient order management and clear & effective communications with end customers at all levels. In parallel, the position is accountable to ensuring execution of a thorough contract review process to protect customers as well as our business.
The position also takes a leadership role in working with key stakeholders across Curtiss-Wright to define value-added longevity of supply service offerings and execution strategies targeted specifically to the needs of the defense markets and its customer base. The resulting key value propositions will be implemented leveraging streamlined tools through the Curtiss-Wright customer web portal.
- Manages global functions, establishing team and individual performance goals that align with company objectives and the Annual Operating Plan.
- Ensures compliance with customer and Curtiss-Wright Quality Management Systems, providing front-end contractual oversight as well as back-end supply chain execution and QMS alignment.
- Develops and reports key metrics that measure performance to customer requirements and Curtiss-Wright business objectives, including Customer Satisfaction and Inventory Valuation.
- Resolves customer issues and develops proactive strategies to support them.
- Partners with key stakeholders including program management, sales, product marketing managers, and customers to develop value propositions and market product lifecycle and other post-sale services to secure new business.
- Ensures profitability of post-sale service offerings.
- Proactively works with customers to formulate solutions that extend the life of products.
- Establishes inventory strategies for Curtiss-Wright products and end customers, taking an active role in the management of obsolescence issues to ensure alternatives and options are thoroughly investigated.
- Forecasts quarterly inventory for Last Time Buy (LTB) materials providing analysis of changes to Senior Management. Accountable for actual LTB inventory valuation and driving team actions to mitigate Curtiss Wright's risk to excess material.
- Interfaces with Planning, Purchasing, Materials Management, and Warehouse teams to provide a closed loop system of material management, supporting customers while minimizing risk of E&O liability to CW.
- Negotiates major contracts with key vendors to manage supply of obsolete materials while meeting Curtiss-Wright balance sheet objectives.
- Takes an active role in policy & procedure creation/ implementation, objective setting, and financial budgeting processes.
- Action-oriented, timeline-driven and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Metrics-driven, with exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of financial fundamentals and reporting practices.
- Strong propensity to operate independently to drive execution and continuous improvement, demonstrating sound judgement of when to leverage executive management.
- Exceptional customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong leader with outstanding global people management skills.
- Diversified, adaptable team player.
- Senior professional with 10 years of business management experience in roles including Contract Management, Program Management, Order Management and Planning, and Customer Service Delivery.
- Multi-disciplined background or significant exposure to broad scope of functional disciplines including supply chain, manufacturing, finance, and project management.
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field.
- Hands-on, working knowledge and experience with CRM and ERP systems; SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Aerospace/Military market experience is an asset.