McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care. We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Position Description The Sr. Manager, Customer Engagement & Implementation provides operational direction and leadership to multidisciplinary functional roles and teams responsible for implementation tasks and planning of new programs and services. This position ensures all cross-functional team members deliver solutions/programs that meet all internal McKesson requirements, while exceeding customer expectations for operational excellence and program stakeholder satisfaction. Key Responsibilities: Financial Management
- Ensure the project profitability is meeting profitability targets throughout the implementation timeline
- Coordinates with Finance to ensure customer budgets are current and accurate and profitability levels are attainable
- Provide oversight to the Customer Managers to ensure program profitability is being reviewed monthly and action plans developed and executed for areas of improvement.
- Facilitate and lead all customer-facing program change requests throughout the implementation process obtaining incremental revenue when possible for program modifications outside the scope of the customer engagement.
- Serves as key management and lead contact for our customer(s) during implementation
- Responsible for overall customer implementation satisfaction
- Provide leadership to internal, cross-functional teams striving to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Coordinate with Project Management PMO team members to ensure project meetings are effectively planned and organized to include cross-functional project teams as required to meet program deliverable
- Represent project at meetings and manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external customers and vendors.
- Inform stakeholders of progress and issues and manage expectations on all aspects of the project.
- Evaluate and analyze actual performance against plan and review with team and management. Manage agreed upon adjustments consistent with project objectives.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement, budget, and timeline.
- Manage conflict resolution to ensure successful outcomes
- Negotiate timeline and resource requirements within each functional area maintaining the overall project objective and timeline.
- Coordinate with Project Management to close out project implementation.
Customer Business Solutions/Product and Design Consultant
- Provide support to business development team in sales process, including responses to RFP’s, customer calls and presentations
- Support pre-implementation project consulting deliverables and activities related to program design/documentation
- Support business strategy resource(s) in transition of new program service offerings or product(s) into the business
- Train, develop and oversee new Customer Managers assigned to program implementation throughout the implementation timeline
- Ensure Customer Manager has appropriate knowledge and understanding of program business rules to support program and customer in an on-going manner
- Provide daily operational direction on Customer Engagement programs / projects
- Ensure team is highly motivated to deliver outstanding support and quality deliverables to our customers and their program stakeholders
- Provide model of ICARE values in all interactions and practices
Minimum Requirements 5+ years’ experience in project management, including 2+ years managerial experience. Critical Skills
- 5+ years of program Implementation/operations experience for healthcare, pharma, and/or biotech services.
- 5+ years’ experience in customer-facing project management using formal methodology, techniques and tools.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and influence to matrixed, cross-functional teams managing multiple projects with conflicting priorities and market imposed deadlines.
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and problem solving skills. Arbitrate and resolve conflict and ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate appropriately at all levels in the organization.
- Familiarity with Information Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Quality Management System (QMS) processes and documentation requirements
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Pharmaceutical regulatory, risk management, compliance, or medical affairs experience, preferred
- 4-year degree or related field or equivalent experience. MBA or MHA, preferred
Physical Requirements General professional office environment • Occasional onsite customer meeting and visit facilitation. Travel 30% Travel Requirements