Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home.
The Hayneedle Marketing team is looking for a leader to head the Customer Data & Analytics team, a critical component of the organization. This team is chartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer centric business performance. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Customer Data and Analytics platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with Business Intelligence, Finance and Tech.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Sr. Manager, Customer Data & Growth Analytics is focused on leveraging customer data and analytics methods to drive customer and business outcomes for key stakeholders across Marketing, as well as interface with Product & Finance. This leader will oversee a group of 3-4 analysts who serve the needs of Site Marketing/Merchandising, Email/Loyalty, Strategy/Reporting, SEM, SEO, and Content Marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
- Partner with key stakeholders within the Marketing organization to leverage customer data and analytics to drive customer and business outcomes with a specific focus on key paid and unpaid channels
- Perform analytics and leverage existing internal analytical tools to improve decision making and customer strategy development for key stakeholders across the organization
- Build and manage delivery of a roadmap for customer data science and analytics to support the key growth initiatives for Marketing
- Proactively identify opportunities to evolve the customer data and analytics roadmap based on needs of key stakeholders
- Translate complex quantitative analysis and concepts in a concise and compelling way to various audiences to gain organizational alignment around project results
- Oversee and evolve our digital analytics systems, tools, and integrations, and ensure all business requirements and data integrity are maintained
- Stay current on trends and best practices in digital and marketing analytics
- Meet and evaluate new analytics solutions and research digital behavior & adoption in emerging segments and make recommendations on digital activities to our team
- Own data-related vendor relationships and departmental budget
- Manage and mentor the Marketing Analysts
WHO YOU ARE:
- 7+ years of experience in customer analytics, digital analytics and/or data science
- 5+ years of building and leading high performing teams and managing analysts
- Deep knowledge of retail and ecommerce customer domains required/preferred
- Proficiency with CAC, LTV, attribution models, and cohort analysis; paid and unpaid marketing channels
- Proficient in data access methods for large customer and transaction databases, leveraging analytical methods to drive customer and business outcomes
- Proficient in querying, segmenting, and modeling data from large data sets in BI and CRMdatabases.
- Advance proficiency of Excel, along with other MS office Suite
- Experience with Tableau, Adobe Analytics/Omniture, and SQL
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills, to convey models, insights and recommendations to business partners in Marketing, Product, Finance, and ‘C Suite’ audiences
- Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, operational research); Master’s degree highly desired, but not required.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial, ‘find a way to win’ attitude
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of merchandisers, designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done
- Unique chance to work with our family of brands: Walmart, Jet, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business