Who we want
What you will do
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Sustainability will provide dynamic and innovative leadership to support Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability strategy development and implementation at Stryker. This person should have a successful track-record of achievement, strong leadership, and business acumen to be able to work with senior cross-functional leaders throughout the company. This leader will serve as a subject matter expert in sustainability and will deliver outcomes that create value through achievement of environmental, social and governance outcomes in alignment with our Corporate Responsibility framework. In this fast-paced environment, this person will engage with representatives across manufacturing, procurement, supply chain, commercial, and R&D to establish strong networks, deliver and communicate impact against existing sustainability targets, and secure support for future target setting. Strong influencing skills along with a broad knowledge of sustainability will engage colleagues in this important work to build an awareness and culture of sustainability throughout Stryker.Additional Responsibilities
What you need
- In close partnership with Sustainability Director, will develop and implement sustainability strategies to meet stakeholder (customer, government, investor, employee) expectations; including but not limited to sustainable product and packaging design, direct and indirect carbon emissions, waste, and water reduction
- Facilitate strategy forums with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that strategic plans support business growth, brand strategies/priorities, value creation and risk mitigation
- Identify approaches to articulate and calculate sustainable business ROI and business case for executive audiences; execute analyses and communications.
- Confidently and comfortably facilitate dialogue with the senior corporate executives and department leaders to assure ongoing support for sustainability strategy and targets
- Enable strategy implementation for data assurance process to ensure sustainability reporting exceeds the expectations of stakeholders, relevant reporting frameworks (eg GRI, SASB, CDP, S&P CSA) and customer Environmentally Preferred Purchasing (EPP) requests
- Support implementation of roadmap to achieve Stryker's 2030 carbon neutral (scope 1 & 2) goal through energy efficiency investments and innovations such as renewable natural gas, electrification, and credible carbon offsets.
- Manage scope 3 carbon emission inventory assessments and support strategy development to meet Stryker's future Science Based targets (SBTi) for 2030 and beyond
- Support implementation of global renewable energy procurement strategy, including offsite and onsite PPA/VPPA, energy storage, and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs)
- Support analysis of climate change risks and opportunities using the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework; integrate future assessments into relevant Enterprise Risk Management processes
- A minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in sustainability/corporate governance/ESG, or related fields
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree such as MBA preferable
- Understanding of current trends in sustainability and carbon markets
- Curious leader that can analyze complex issues and develop strategies that will deliver outcomes to meet stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrated ability to drive collaboration among multiple functions to deliver sustainability impact within large organization
- Articulate and effective communicator in both writing and presentation
- Build organizational capabilities that support cultural change needed to deliver sustainable impact
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
This job may be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States, except that this job may not be filled or performed in Colorado.