Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Outreach & Advocacy will identify strategic alliances and partnerships focused on the company’s priorities around business practices, values and responsible leadership.
This position is accountable for global issues and works closely with executives and communications leaders, to provide strategies and programs to promote and protect Under Armour’s reputation. The role includes responsibility for integrating issues management efforts with ongoing proactive communications programs, including thought leadership and advocacy, to ensure integration and alignment with Under Armour’s mission, vision, values, brand and reputation. The position will manage sensitive communications on actual and emerging issues, frequently in short deadline-driven situations. With this responsibility comes accountability for developing strategies to respond and address issues as they emerge.
This is a highly creative and very visible role, both as a strategist and an advisor.
Primary areas of accountability:
- Develop strategies, initiatives, programs and partnerships for business practices that will have an impact on Under Armour’s global reputation, thought leader position and business results while staying aligned with our brand values
- Proactively engage all global external stakeholders with meaningful content, share on the right channel and the right time to advance the company culture and reflect the values of the brand
- Execute corporate reputation and integrated communications programs and campaigns that have a direct impact on Under Armour’s reputation
- Lead, coordinate, and facilitate the ongoing execution, integration, and monitoring of the Under Armour reputation management plan with national and global partners as appropriate. Ensure that issues management work is fully in concert with other, proactive communications efforts, including thought leadership.
- Contribute to internal conversations, offering perspective and ideas that recognize our values in action
- Deliver actionable insights to frame creative and strategic recommendations
- Write, edit and produce a range of documents, including plans, media and content strategies, landscape analyses, trends and insights overviews, and proposals
- Anticipate, identify, and develop strategies and messaging to protect the brand reputation from potentially high-visibility issues and crises.
- Conduct continuous scanning, reviewing, and identifying of systems, processes, procedures, services, and programs at Under Armour that are new, high-risk or have been identified at an early-warning stage for potential risk to employees or the community and the Under Armour brand.
- Serve as the day-to-day lead on UA’s corporate reputation activities, including corporate positioning and industry relations.
- Initiate, maintain, build and strengthen relationships with key contacts in media and industry insiders through communications programs that create measurable value for the business, protect and enhance our brand, engage and influence stakeholders, and prevent and remove barriers.
- Effectively manage a budget continually seeking out opportunities for economies of scale and evaluating existing practices for improvement.
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, writing and editing
- Strong presentation skills
- Track record of success leading an external communications function
- Change management expertise
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s required, master’s degreepreferred, in communications, marketing, international development, or related field plus 8-10 years of relevant experience in communications or a related function
- Project Management experience highly preferred