Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies— BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS—Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Senior Manager of Corporate Logistics is responsible for managing the financial and service performance and measurement of one of Mauser's Packaging Business Units. Directs logistics strategy and management for one of Mauser's Packaging Business Units. Develops business unit logistics strategy and implements improvements for internal and external logistics systems and processes. Oversees carrier selection and management as well as modal optimization. Oversees third party relationships.
- Recommends and implements optimal transportation modes and routes.
- Develops and implements improvements in internal and external logistics systems or processes.
- Manages, establishes, maintains and reports performance metrics.
- Recommends policy additions, deletions and changes to Senior Management.
- Ensures compliance with logistics policy throughout the organization.
- Trains shipping and logistics personnel on policies and procedures.
- Resolves problems concerning logistics.
- Selects carriers and ensures satisfactory performance.
- Ensures carrier and company compliance with company policies and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Negotiates transportation rates and services.
- Supervises logistics employees.
- Maintains ERP master data applicable to logistics.
- Oversees and manages TMS solution and other systems to provide continuous improvement.
- Recommends purchase or use of new or improved technology.
- Develops risk management and mitigation programs to ensure continuity of supply.
- Collaborates with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyzes the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Analyze all aspects of the business unit to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers as needed.
- Review national and regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Implement or monitor and reduce carbon emissions where possible.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years' experience managing / directing a companywide logistics function with an annual spend of at least $50MM.
- Master's Degree in Supply Chain or Logistics a plus.
- Preferred degree/major in supply chain, logistics, transportation or business.
- Highly self-motived with exceptional internal and external communication skills
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
- Able to work constructively under stress and pressure.
- Able to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Able to work with and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time for business purposes (US and Canada).
- Experience with TMS and Route Optimization solutions.
- Knowledge of DOT, 49 CFR, Customer and other governmental regulations.
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.